Ch. 9 Party Guessed

HALLUCINATIONS
[2×09]

ONCE SCOTT HAD CAME TO, THEY LEFT THE VET'S OFFICE AND ALL THREE WENT TO DEREK'S HOME. They walked towards the train car as they talked.

"I'm saying we need a new plan, because next time, one of us is going to be too hurt to heal," Derek told the teenagers.

"I get it. We can't save Jackson," Scott said as they walked inside.

Derek took a seat, given that he hadn't slept any through the night. Ayla hadn't either, but she just leaned against the wall for support.

"We can't seem to kill him either. I've seen a lot of things, Scott. I've never seen anything like this. Every new moon is just gonna make him stronger," Derek told him.

"But how do we stop him?" Scott wondered.

Derek shrugged. "I don't know. I don't even know if we can," he admitted.

"Yeah, maybe we should just let the Argents handle it," Scott said.

"I'm the one who turned him. It's my fault," Derek told them.

"No, we're not playing the blame game. Peter started all of this, I let you become alpha, you bit Jackson. It's not all on you. No one knew what would happen," Ayla told him.

"She's right. I mean, this happened because of something in his past, right?" Scott asked.

"That's a legend in a book. It's not that simple," Derek told him.

"What do you mean? What are you not telling me?" Scott questioned.

"Why do you think I'm always keeping something from you?" Derek wondered.

"Because you always are keeping things from me," Scott snapped.

"He's not wrong," Ayla added.

"Well, maybe I do it to protect you. Both of you," he told them.

"Doesn't being part of your pack mean no more secrets?" Scott asked.

"Obviously not, given the number of things he keeps from me," Ayla told him.

"Go home. Both of you. Sleep. Heal. Make sure your friends are safe. 'Cause the full moon is coming, and with the way things are going, I've got a feeling it's gonna be a rough one," Derek told them.

|

Ayla did as she was told- mainly because she was exhausted- before returning the next morning to talk to Derek. He was getting prepared for the full moon.

"You actually believe you can handle three newbie betas on your own on the full moon?" Ayla asked him.

"I handled you," he reminded.

"Are we forgetting the time you made me lie to my mother about the fact that I got out on the full moon, because she left you to watch me?" Ayla asked.

"That was three years ago," he said.

"And Mom never left me with you during the full moon ever again," she told him with a smirk.

"It's not my fault that a black fur ball is harder to contain than humans," Derek snapped.

"You did not just call me that," Ayla said.