Ch. 1 Omega

HUNTING PARTIES
[2×01]

IT HAD ONLY BEEN A FEW DAYS SINCE DEREK HAD KILLED PETER AND BECAME ALPHA. His and Ayla's relationship hadn't been the greatest since then. But to be fair, Ayla's relationship with everyone hadn't been the best since that night.

Scott was pissed at her for not telling him the truth, and of course Stiles sided with his best friend. She was still on good terms with Allison and Lydia, but was barely seeing the Argent now that Allison's parents were determined to keep her away from werewolves. Her and Scott had faked a breakup, but given that Ayla could still smell them all over each other every time she saw her friends, she knew they weren't over.

She had stayed one night with Lydia in the hospital, trying to keep up with what was going on with the strawberry blonde. The bite on Lydia's side hadn't healed anymore than it would have if it had been from a normal animal. The strawberry blonde seemed completely healthy otherwise though. The whole situation was too weird to Ayla. She knew it shouldn't be happening like this, and it only served to make her nervous. A part of her half expected her best friend to just drop dead at this point. But every time she showed up to the hospital, Lydia was still just as she had left her.

Ayla walked through the hospital hall, stopping behind Stiles. He was trying to get a Reese's from a vending machine, but the candy seemed stuck. "Maybe try shaking it," Ayla advised.

Stiles jumped in surprise, spinning around to face the smirking werewolf. "What is wrong with you?" he asked.

"It's not my fault if you're jumpy. I'm just here to see my best friend," she told him.

"Why? So you can stab her in the back as well?" he wondered.

Ayla narrowed her eyes at him, taking a step towards the boy. Stiles glanced back at the vending machine, clearly realizing he had nowhere to back up to. "You really want to talk about stabbing someone in the back with me? You and Scott got me and my uncle arrested, then made him a fugitive who was wanted for my mother's murder. The cops questioned me for information about why he would kill her. Yet I don't tell Scott the truth about one lie Derek told him and suddenly I'm the bad guy here?" she asked.

Stiles stared at her almost fearfully. "Okay, you may have a point there, but it was still a really big lie," he told her.

Ayla rolled her eyes, stepping away from him. "Look, Scott can hate me for however long he wants. It's not like you two can make it five minutes without needing me," she told him, shrugging.

"That's- that's not true," Stiles said.

"Really?" Ayla wondered.

"We don't need your help... that often," he told her.

She smirked. "Keep telling yourself that. I'm gonna go make sure Lydia's still alive," she told him, backing away towards Lydia's room.

A scream ripped through the hall, making the two look at each other in fear. "Lydia," they said, running towards the strawberry blonde's room.

Both teenagers, Melissa McCall and Lydia's father all rushed into the empty hospital room. Not seeing Lydia anywhere inside, they ran into the bathroom. The shower water was still running, but no one was there. Ayla turned, finding the open window. "Need my help now?" she wondered.

"Yeah," Stiles said.

|

Stiles stayed inside of the hospital to talk to his father and get something of Lydia's. Ayla stayed out in his jeep with Scott. The two betas sat in tense silence as they waited for him.