Ch. 11 Battlefield

LOSING GAME
[2×11]

A LOT HAPPENED THE NIGHT AT THE SHERIFF'S STATION. They had found out that Matt was controlling Jackson, but Ayla was pretty sure that information was completely useless now. She had seen Matt being held underwater by Gerard in her vision. She had then watched Gerard walk over to the kanima and take control of it. The only person she had shared that information with was Derek, even now that Matt's body had been discovered.

She hadn't talked to any of her friends. She wasn't ready to try to figure out why the hell Lydia would bring Peter back from the dead, so she had been ignoring any messages she received from the strawberry blonde. And she hadn't even tried with Allison after what had happened.

Scott had texted her to see if she was okay, but she hadn't responded. Derek had told her about overhearing Scott and Gerard talking. Apparently Scott had been helping the hunter, something Ayla had decided she would talk to him about later.

A sigh fell from her lips as she closed yet another useless book. Derek had decided to return to Hale house to look through the less charred books for any information on the kanima. Unfortunately, most of the useful stuff had either burned or been destroyed by rain that had seeped through the ruined floorboards.

"There's nothing here," Ayla told him.

Derek threw one of the books into a wall out of anger, while she just watched him in slight amusement. "That make you feel better?" she asked.

He turned to glare at her. "Do you have a better idea?" he wondered.

"Two, actually," she told him.

Derek gestured for her to continue. "Well, feel free to put them out there," he told her.

"I was thinking about going by the animal clinic and seeing if Deaton knew anything else he wasn't saying," she told him.

"He already said he didn't have any more information on the kanima," Derek reminded.

"No, but he might have some on me. I want to be able to control what I see," Ayla told him.

"Since when?" Derek wondered.

Ayla looked away from him. "Since I had a wolfsbane induced hallucination of my mother blaming me for basically everything bad that has happened this year," she admitted.

Derek's expression softened at her words. "You can't put that on yourself," he told her.

She shrugged. "Doesn't matter. I can't always control when I shift, or what happens to everyone, but I'm tired of not knowing how to use my visions. If I can't control anything else, I want to control this," she explained.

Derek nodded in understanding. "And your other idea?" he asked.

Ayla frowned, looking up at him. "I'll tell you when I run out of other options," she told him.

He gave her a look, but Erica and Boyd walked in before he could ask any questions. "You decided," Derek said. Ayla turned to the two werewolves. "When?"