Chapter Forty-Three: Cheap Carpets

The car ride was virtually silent, but (Y/N) could feel Eita and Saito looking anxiously back at her every so often from the rear view mirror. She moved her hands so that she was sitting directly on top of them and wasn't fidgeting. Her anxiety couldn't show, she didn't want them to become suspicious of her- if they did, then it would be the end of her charade. Saito was extremely perceptive, and with the help of Eita, she would surely be uncovered quickly, and the tape against her chest would be found. If that was the case, then everything she suffered through, everything she worked for would end.

She would be trapped forever.

"Is there still a huge freak out on social media?" Saito muttered, glancing over to Eita with narrowed eyes.

Humming, the blue haired male used his thumb to scroll through his phone, cringing at the posts that filled his feed.

"Looks like it," he shrugged, "I don't know what we were expecting. Obviously our plan wasn't titaniu-"

"Shut the fuck up, don't make me feel worse than I already do. It's going to be hard to get (Y/N) out of here because of all of this shit."

The car went back to being silent, and (Y/N) bit her bottom lip, frowning heavily at the idea of Saito and Eita beginning to in-fight. That would make her escape all the more difficult, and she was not entirely ready to suffer through any more hiccups in her plan. Anxiety was already festering in her chest as she shifted, turning her gaze toward the window and back at the two men in the front seat.

"Why did you guys hurt me," she asked in a weak voice.

Almost immediately, she went to cover her mouth, shocked that the question even left her. But then she realized that she could use it to her advantage, plead with them so that they believed she was insane, more insane than she already felt.

"Come again?" Saito raised an eyebrow at her from the rear-view mirror.

"Why hurt-" she felt tears well up in her eyes and she began violently smacking her head with the end of her palm, "why me? Why hurt- hurt me?"

"Oh no, lovely, please don't do that," Eita reached around and went to grab her wrist but (Y/N) snapped back, letting out a squeal of fear as she did so.

"My legs..." she moaned, keeling over herself, "my legs."

"There was no other way," Saito said in a plain voice, "the more you complain about it, the less inclined I am to help you, you know"

"Don't say that-"

"It's true. I'm sick of hearing her whine. She should be grateful that we are keeping her safe, to ourselves, where she belongs."

(Y/N) huffed, leaning her head back and slamming it against the headrest of the car, hoping to garner more sympathy with Eita than with Saito. If there was going to be any fighting, she would hope that at least one of them remained by her side throughout all of it. Eita was the closer bet, he definitely had a shred of humanity left within him. Wherever that may be, she wasn't sure.

But no matter how hard she tried to get his attention, his eyes stayed on the road, gulping down the guilt he felt in his stomach at letting her actions transpire. But he knew that Saito was right. In order for her to love them, (Y/N) needed to be worn down. And if she hurt herself enough, then that would be the perfect opportunity to win her heart. After locking her in the closet, both of them saw such a drastic change that they were entirely proud of.

Not that Eita was a fan.

"Where are you planning on going," the blue haired singer asked his driving partner.