Chapter Thirty: Nonsense Speakers

It came as a shock to her when (Y/N) got a call from Sasaki the next day stating that Kuge was taken into custody on the basis that he was the main suspect in Yuito's murder. She immediately set the phone down and readied herself to leave the house, throwing disregard to Amano's pleas for her not to go.

"It'll all solve itself, going won't do anything but make it worse," he said, gripping her wrist steadily.

"But Kuge isn't guilty! I have to go talk to them!" She looked at him with sadness swirling in her eyes, "I have to help him."

"(Y/N)..." he frowned, letting go of her arm, "just, be careful okay? I have a feeling Saito is involved with this. He's gotta be."

"I understand. I'll be back in an hour or so," she frowned, "call my father and let him know if I don't come back."

"Got it," he said with a smile, leaning down and kissing his girlfriend with a loving passion, "come back soon so I can cuddle with you and watch dramas on Netflix."

His comment caused her to laugh, her smile immediately lightening his heart. It was no exaggeration to say that the woman standing in front of him changed his entire world, and that the sky had been filled with colors he never knew existed. That was why he had been so cautious with the whole ordeal, despite only dating the woman for a couple of months. She had already endeared herself into his heart, bringing him peace of mind just by breathing the same air as him.

"I'm sure everything will be okay," she whispered in his ear, pressing her lips against the skin underneath his ear, "things have been fine for a while. They must have been getting antsy and hurried to arrest someone."

"You're probably right," he sighed out, "I just- I feel like something bad is going to happen."

"Haha, you're even starting to sound like me."

"I guess I am...."

She pulled her jacket over her shoulders, smiling widely to the red headed man whose face was slightly flushed, with his eyes half lidded. There was a strong sense of resolve in her glimmering eyes, an expression that made Amano's heart jump in his chest. Without saying anything, he turned the woman toward the door and gently pushed her toward it.

"Now, go beat up some police ass!" he cheered her on, wrapping his scarf around her shoulders and over her mouth.

"You bet I will! I'll come back with an innocent Kuge-kun!" She pumped her fist in the air, opening the door and waving to her significant other with a bright aura about her.

It was certainly refreshing for her confidence to be back, to say the least. She could feel it herself, and was certainly proud of herself for keeping a smile on despite the circumstances. The night before she had a dream: Yuito sat in front of her in a chair and they spoke for what seemed like hours upon hours, just catching up.

"Yuito!" she cried out, her eyes filling with tears as the blonde appeared seemingly out of thin air, sitting across from her in a room too foggy for her to recognize. All that mattered was that she was in front of someone who used to be one of her best friends. A man who brightened her world and made her feel worth it.

"Hey (Y/N)," he smiled his signature smile, "sorry for leaving so suddenly. I honestly didn't mean to! Sorry if I hurt your feelings, you know I wouldn't just leave you like that. I would've said goodbye or something before departing."

"You dumbass! Why did you-"

"I don't really know the answer to that question."

"But I didn't even-"