Chapter Eighteen: Some Enchanted Evening

After Yuito's warning, (Y/N) found herself pulling back from Saito the days preceding the show. Every time he tried to talk to her, she would dodge him, uncomfortable with Yuito's words. Perhaps her abstinence in socializing with him would bring him to his senses, and he would forget about his crush on her. 

Unfortunately, her little plan wasn't working. The more she avoided him, the more he craved her. Every time she would speak to Kuge or Yuito or Eita, his blood would boil as if it were heated by blue fire. But, he stopped himself. If she let her guard down and he pretended to be uninterested, she would come crawling back to him.

She didn't have a choice.

His thoughts consumed him as he sat in the dressing room with the other members of meTA, getting his make-up done for their biggest performance yet. The Saitama Super Arena was the largest performance arena for artists, Japanese or not, and yet, that was the least of his concerns. Saito chewed on his bottom lip, causing his make-up artist to cry out in frustration. 

"I just finished that! Saito-san, do not mess up that lip tint, please. This is the third time!" she groaned and ran a hand through her hair, earning sympathetic glances from her coworkers who were dealing with the other boys without any problem. 

"Sorry, I'm just nervous," it wasn't necessarily a lie. Sure, he was nervous, but not for the reasons his friends expected him to be. What was she doing right now? Was she thinking of him? He hoped that was the case. His fingers traced random patterns into the tops of his thigh, covered by the tight black denim that the designers had insisted on him wearing. 

They're all useless compared to her. Why isn't she here? She should be at my side forever. The woman doing his make-up pulled away, satisfied with her work. She scrunched up her face at Saito's lost expression, wondering if she should say anything to him. Deciding against it, she turned to her colleagues, who were already finished. 

"Well, you guys go on in fifteen minutes," the cries of the crowd were muffled, but they could still hear them, the make-up artist cupped a hand to her ear, "get some water and don't mess up your faces." 

Kore, who was observing quietly in the corner, nodded in agreement as the men and women working on the members left the room in order to leave meTA to their own devices. The brunette woman pushed herself off of the wall, glancing around at the four men before landing her sights on Saito. 

"You'll see (Y/N) five minutes before the show begins. She will be adjusting your microphones and making sure everything works. You should get that look off of your face," she sighed and pushed her glasses up, "She'll be watching. If you're so worried about it. The fans want to see you smiling- they'll blame her if you're not. So I suggest that you guys prepare mentally. You're all going to do great."

Saito took in a deep breath and stood up from his chair, stretching and smiling at the woman, "You're right! Sorry, I wasn't thinking about her, I'm just flustered about this new dance!"

"Right..." Kore looked at her watch, "About thirteen minutes now." 

"You guys are going to do awesome," Yuito beamed, leaning forward in his seat. His eyes were lined with a winged design, with red eyeshadow lightly brushed at the outer corners of his eyes. The blonde looked very handsome, with rosy cheeks and pink lips that complimented his red button-up shirt (which he refused to button all of the way, exposing his bare chest slightly). 

"We're always awesome," Kuge hummed, blinking up at the standing albino. He was especially attractive today, with his hair pulled into a high ponytail, with strands pulled down to frame his sharp features. There was eyeliner on his waterline, and his eyes were decorated with the same style of eyeshadow as Yuito's, except his was green. An oversized black jacket hung loosely from his shoulders, showing off the dark green turtleneck underneath. He was the only one of meTA wearing jewelry, with a silver cross hanging from his neck and his ears.