Chapter Thirty-Five: Underhanded Kindness

The stench had gotten so terrible that Saito no longer prolonged his visits to the closet. All (Y/N) would be able to see was a glimpse of light along with the shadowy form of a dog bowl being kicked into the room. It had only been three days but it was filthy. He hadn't provided her with bathroom breaks, and she ended up shedding all of her clothing in order not to soil them when she needed to use the bathroom. It didn't help that the closet was cramped, and she had to bring her head to the ground and smell the putrid waste as she lapped up water from the bowl in order to sustain herself.

(Y/N) felt lightheaded often, opting to close her eyes and nap until Saito's harsh kicking of the door came. At times, she wondered if Eita was the one to bring her water, since she found some raspberries floating in the water bowl on what she believed was day two of her punishment.

Not only was she starving, but her legs burned every time she shifted. Without the morphine, and also while laying in her own filth, she could tell there was an infection growing, and prayed Saito would let her out. She couldn't take much more of this.

----

"It's been three days, she needs treatment!" Eita pleaded with the bored looking albino in front of him, even lowering himself onto his knees to beg, "it smells awful in there and she cries nonstop. Don't you love her?"

"I love her enough to continue this punishment," Saito sat up on the sofa, leaning forward and grabbing a lollipop off of the coffee table in front of him, "she needs to respect us."

"She'll never respect you if she dies!" he began to panic at this point, bowing his head down over and over, "she's not healed yet. If she gets an infection..."

"Why do you keep acting like you're the saint here?!" shouted the other, his foot stretching out to kick the older male, "You're just as bad as I am. I know damn well that you want her to love us too, so just shut the hell up and let me do this. She won't fucking die. If you want, you can go in there and examine her. If there are any issues, bandage her up and throw her back in there. I wanted to keep her there for a week."

"A-A week? Saito you ca-"

"Didn't I tell you to shut up? I'm being generous right now. Don't make me retract my statement and kill you. Maybe then Yuito will forgive you, too."

His words rendered Eita silent, the blue haired man slowly getting up and leaving the room, his heart in pieces. Of course, he knew he could never take back his actions, but it didn't make the words sting any less.

"I'm disgusting"

At least you're acknowledging it. Hey, why don't we grab her and run away? It shouldn't be too hard.

"He'll have the police on me in a flash. I-I can't risk it. The most I can do is keep her safe..."

Ugh, you're such a pussy. See, if you would have just gotten rid of him at the start this would all be-

"No! I don't- I'm not..." he started tearing up as he approached the closet, slowly opening the door, "I won't hurt anyone ever again."

Too late.

As the light seeped into the closet, Eita felt the strong urge to vomit. He couldn't quite put into words his horror at the sight before him. (Y/N) lay flat against the floor, her cheeks covered in tear stains and fingernails torn up from previous escape attempts. There was a pile of filth in the corner of the closet, the source of the smell, and her stumps were a furious red from the irritation caused by her "punishment." The idol also noted that she was naked, but was too focused on the fact that she was injured to even care about details such as that.