Chapter Seven: It's Gonna be Good

(Y/N) ended up staying with the band until five in the evening, much to Koichi's relief. Once she had gotten home, he treated her with the same level of affection he always gives her- the immense level that (Y/N) just couldn't get used to. Every time he looked at her with those beautiful hazel eyes, she felt her heart turn to jelly and her body warm up with love. 

However, that time she used to savor with her beloved boyfriend was soon taken up with the thoughts of meTA. It had only been three days since she joined the band as their manager, however, she was consumed with thoughts of how she could improve the band's publicity, sales, and dance routines. 

Were they making new songs? Did they already have choreography figured out if they already wrote these songs?

She couldn't help but worry about all of these things. After all, this was her only way out of the family business. It wasn't that she didn't like managing hospitals, but she knew that every single person out there was rooting for her to fail. All of the news outlets, magazines, blogs; they all saw her as a weak woman who could barely do her own taxes. 

(Y/N) wanted to be more than that. She wanted to lead a life where she was in control of the boat, where she could be able to do what she wanted to do best without all of the scrutiny. Lost in her thoughts, she picked absentmindedly at the dinner that Koichi prepared that night. Despite the fact that she loved his japchae, she couldn't focus. (Y/N) knew that this was her one chance to be able to prove herself, and she knew that this week was made for her to relax, but her mind was racing. 

".../N)? (Y/N)??" interrupted an irritated voice. Of course, it was Koichi, who was looking over to her side of the table, his chopsticks pointed at her accusingly, "You've been spacing out. What's up?" 

"Uh, sorry," she offered him a small smile, picking up a small pile of noodles and stuffing it in her mouth. She looked down at the plate awkwardly, swallowing her food and pursing her lips tightly together. 

"Is everything okay? They're not giving you a hard time at work, are they?" he asked, reaching across the table and holding her hand in his own. (Y/N) shook her head vigorously, "No, not at all! In fact, I think I'm the one giving them a hard time, actually. They wanted to relax this month but I've already set up a bunch of things for them to do."

"Ah, I see," the brunette nodded at her statement, taking a sip of his water, "well, it's their job to do what you tell them to do. Don't worry about it. I'm sure you're doing a great job and they're okay with what you're doing. I'm sure they love you... but not as much as I do!" 

"You're such a goofball" (Y/N) giggled, removing her hand from his own and returning to her dinner, "They told me that they're going to perform a song for me tomorrow, so I can get a feel for their live performances. Since you like music so much, I thought that you should come too. I already asked them and they said they're okay with you coming." 

"Oh really?" Koichi asked, his head perking up,  "I mean, I would love to! I could see what kinds of guys they are but... Ah, I'd have to call off some meetings." 

"Oh no if you have meetings I don't want you to-"

"Too late!" the brunette chimed, holding up his phone, "I need to meet these kids." 

(Y/N)'s eyes widened and she laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of her neck,  "You do know that some of them are older than you, right? You make it sound like you're my dad." 

"Oh I may not be your dad but I'm your daddy-"

"OH-KAY THAT'S ENOUGH OF THAT, LET'S EAT" (Y/N) shouted out, shoveling food in her mouth like there was no tomorrow, her cheeks red like wildfire.