Chapter Twenty-Nine: Sincerest Apologies

In the last chapter, Kuge was threatened by Saito and Yuito was found to be the victim of a hate based murder, leading (Y/N) to break down when watching the news from her apartment in Sapporo.

"It's good to see you again," his false smile brought a shiver down (Y/N)'s spine, "you left so suddenly that I thought I may have lost you."

Saito's appearance in Sapporo was definitely not a surprise to (Y/N), but now that he was standing in front of her, she felt herself lose her nerve. She looked up, noticing the glaze in his eyes, most definitely the result of hearing of Yuito's murder. The entirety of meTA looked out of it, with Kuge completely removed from the group as they sat around the table for dinner.

"They're thinking of graduating our group," Eita said, fiddling with this fingers, "Since... there won't be anybody out there like Y-Yuito"

Tears brimmed in his eyes and his bottom lip trembled, swallowing thickly at the mention of the blonde's name.

I didn't mean to do it. I didn't mean it.
He took over, I didn't mean to.
(Y/N) I did it for you, please understand.
愛してる 愛してる愛してる 愛してる愛してる 愛してる愛してる 愛してる

"I- I don't know what to say," the woman muttered, her fingers wrapping around her cup of tea, bringing it to her lips to hide her frown. The whole situation was still only beginning to set in, as a week had passed with only the mind-numbing pain clutching her heart like trying to fit her hand in a glove for a child.

"There's more to it," Saito said, looking up, "I don't think it was some random American." With that, his eyes flicked over to Kuge, who was listlessly poking at his rice, which (Y/N) tried to pile high with veggies and meat for him in an attempt to lift his spirits.

"W-what do you mean by that?" (Y/N) brought her hand to her chest, clenching it tightly.

"I dunno, just a thought," he hummed, eyebrows twitching as he lifted a piece of fish to his lips.

After he finished his "thought," the entire table remained silent, with everyone refusing to eat besides the clearly unbothered albino. Kuge's head remained drooped, causing (Y/N)'s frown to deepen. Had something happened to him? He sounded so terrified over the phone that it broke her heart, even going to the lengths of inviting the group over even though she knew the risks.

Of course, Amano objected, so she sent him to spend time with her brother and father that night. She assumed it would be better that the men didn't see her with the red head, Saito would most likely not take it well.

"How's life been besides the leaving meTA thing?" Kuge's hoarse voice suddenly spoke up, causing (Y/N) to sharply turn her head to the black haired male.

"It's been... okay," she met his gaze as he lifted his head and offered him a gentle smile, "I've been worried about you guys. I- I'm really sorry about leaving so suddenly. I just don't think it was the best thing for me to stay there. But I suppose now... me being a manager doesn't matter, does it? There's no band to manage anymore."

"Well, that's not set in stone," Eita shook his head, "though you may be right."

"If only you hadn't left. Then this wouldn't have happened," Saito said suddenly with a harsh tone. His words stabbed (Y/N) in the heart, and it was then when Kuge's attention was fully on the conversation.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" the black haired male stood up, "Why the fuck would you say that to her? That's such a shitty thing to even SUGGEST."

"Funny, coming from the guy who probably killed Yuito," the albino's eyes narrowed at the dancer in a menacing way.

(Y/N) inhaled a sharp breath. Just what was Saito even saying? He had to be joking. There was no way super soft but definitely tsundere Kuge could have been the one to... murder. She decided that she had to draw a line there, slamming her tea cup down with a large 'thunk' as the table grew heated, with the three remaining members of meTA screaming over the table at one another.