... with a Reunion

Luna knew that if there was one person that could calm Matteo down and comfort him during this tough time, it was Gastón.

She had never been very close to him, but since he had become Nina's boyfriend, they had inevitably hung out more. After they broke up though, things had changed again, and although neither Nina nor Luna held any hard feelings toward him, it didn't mean that it wasn't weird to speak to him given the circumstances.

Nonetheless, Luna had re-started contact with Gastón after Matteo's accident. Not immediately after, of course— Things had been very strained between them and Luna felt such guilt over what happened that she honestly didn't want to talk about it. But after things had cooled down in a way and her relationship with Matteo had returned to some kind of normalcy, Luna had texted Gastón to ask him how they could cheer Matteo up.

The idea of the music video had been hers, but maybe she wouldn't have come to it if it weren't for Gastón. He had pointed out how Matteo needed to feel in his element again, have one big win to rise up from the hole he had thrown himself into.

"Matteo needs to feel he's good at what he does, otherwise he gets depressed. It's a pride thing, yes, but it's not as vain as it sounds. He grew up with high expectations on his shoulders because his father always told him he had the abilities to be on top, so he never allowed him less than that. Matteo got used to it, and got so used to succeeding that it goes against his self-concept to fail. It rattles him, you get what I'm saying?"

Luna had blinked many times, staring into space with her phone against her ear. "Uh... I think so. In summary, he needs to feel like he's great again. Go full Chico Fresa."

Gastón had laughed on the other side of the line. "Basically. He was upset after forgetting the lyrics in the Flash Open. Maybe if he could participate in another event it could be his revenge?"

Luna considered that. Ámbar was now in charge of the Jam & Roller and therefore any kind of event that Luna proposed would have to go through her first. Since the Flash Open had been just a couple of days ago, Luna doubted that she'd agree to make another big event now only to cheer up her ex.

But maybe it didn't have to be an event exactly...

"Thank you so much, Gastón, I think I have an idea that could work."

"You're welcome. You know, Matteo is like a brother to me," he said from his heart. "For anything that has to do with him, don't hesitate in contacting me. I'll help you."

And so, Luna had stayed in contact with him, telling him the plans for the music video. What she hadn't been expecting was for Gastón to tell her he'd fly all the way over there to help with the video in person.

Luna had to talk to Nina before that. She really wanted to do this for Matteo and she knew that he'd be over the moon if Gastón was there, but Nina was her best friend and she was going to be with the camera filming the whole thing, so if she felt in any way uncomfortable with it, Luna would politely ask Gastón to not be part of the video. He was gonna be staying for a week anyway; even if he didn't appear in it, he'd have plenty of time to be with everyone.

Nina had been surprised and nervous about the news of his visit, understandably so. She said it would be weird to see him after all those weeks and what had happened between them, but she actually preferred to be behind a camera when it happened than to face him directly. Ironically, both working in the video together gave her the perfect excuse to not talk to him.

Which brought them to the day of filming. Luna had already informed everyone through a text the day before that Gastón would be paying a surprise visit and appearing on Matteo's video. The only ones that knew before that besides Nina were Jim and Yam since they were in charge of choreography and wardrobe and therefore had to be in contact with Gastón to arrange those things with him.