... With Luna (Part 2)

(Revised: 03/04/2023. Writing quality will go down after this, beware.)

--------------------------------

Ámbar checked the time on her cell phone and frowned.

After working in the nearby park for about two hours to avoid her teammates, she chanced to return to the Roller and found that, fortunately, Benicio and Emilia had left. Relieved, she'd taken a seat on one of the wide couches, where she'd been working for a while now, so she couldn't help but wonder where Simón was since she hadn't seen him at all. He was supposed to be on a break now, actually, it had started some time ago, but still nothing. It wasn't like he had to be with her 24/7, of course, but she thought... Well, normally he would've at least gone to Pedro to play some songs, but she could see Pedro and he was by himself.

After about ten minutes of constantly searching the Roller for his face, Ámbar finally admitted that she simply wanted to see Simón. No, they didn't have to be together 24/7, but if she missed him, she could look for him, right? They were dating— finally, after so long— there was nothing wrong with it.

She got up from her seat and went to do exactly that. She started by checking the lockers since that was where he had been working earlier but she didn't find him. She checked the rink next, but he wasn't there either. She was starting to think that maybe he had gone out when she finally found him inside the dressing room, playing the guitar as he sang.

She smiled to herself, listening from the door. She loved to see him in his element. Once the last chord trailed off, she came closer, wrapping her arms around his neck from behind.

"Here you are, I've been looking for you," she told him, leaving a quick kiss on his cheek. Simón tensed up immediately and got off his chair, startling her a little with how quickly he broke free of her hold. She watched bemused as he moved to leave his guitar next to the mirror.

"What? Oh, come on," she teased him, "if you tell me I can't even touch you when we're alone then this 'going slow' thing is not going to work, let me tell you—"

"Luna found out," he said gravely. He turned around but avoided her gaze. "About the switch of Felipe's number."

Ámbar's smile disappeared.

"What?" She breathed out, not managing to say much else. That was when she noticed the dejection clinging onto his frame, the slight redness in his eyes, and the tell-tale glint of held-back tears. Suddenly, she understood why he'd been singing 'Eres', and her heart grew heavy with worry. "How?"

"We were in the lockers and I was just about to tell her when Ramiro walked in and spat everything out. He thought I had already told her."

Ámbar blinked, processing what he had just said. "Wait... You were going to give me away?"

Simón must've heard the hurt in her voice because he finally looked at her.

"No. I mean, I was going to tell her but not to accuse you. I thought it would be better if she heard it from me first so she'd be more willing to listen to you after," he explained. Ámbar supposed it made sense, but she didn't really get a chance to dwell further on how she felt about it because Simón kept talking, pain evident in his voice. "But it doesn't matter, because she found out by Ramiro and now she's furious with me. She won't answer my texts, my calls... Luna doesn't want anything to do with me anymore, and it's all because I didn't tell her sooner because I was waiting for you!" He exclaimed.

Ámbar almost flinched as his words stung. Her heart was racing, flashbacks of a situation very similar to this one flashing through her memory. She tried to focus on what was happening now.