... on a Day Off

Simón's left arm was asleep.

He noticed it the moment he woke up, but he refused to move. The prettiest head of blonde locks was using it as a pillow, and who was he to disturb her?

It was a rare occurrence that he woke up before Ámbar. She was a natural early riser while he liked to sleep as much as possible. He usually woke up from her movements as she started her day, or— and this was his favorite— with some caress or kisses from her part. He could start becoming a morning person if that was what awaited him.

So, uncommon as it was, he wanted to cherish this, just this, having her close in complete calmness. Ámbar's back was to his chest, their legs close together, and his free arm was around her middle, holding her against him. He wanted to run his hand over her skin, or maybe take hers in his, but he didn't want to risk anything putting an end to this moment.

He fleetingly wondered how long his arm could go without blood flow before it did some damage.

Oh well, who cared.

He couldn't see her face spooning her like this, but he noticed when she started waking because the even rhythm of her breathing he had been following changed. She began to move, stretching slightly in a way that pressed her back more into him. Simón did hold her hand then and kissed her shoulder. She hummed softly and turned her head to look at him.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," he said with a smile.

"Good morning," she murmured, her voice groggy from sleep. She rolled to rest her head on his chest, which his left arm appreciated. He laid on his back. "What time is it?" She asked after a moment of just relishing the closeness. 

Simón extended his right arm over to the nightstand to check his phone. "Almost eleven."

"Eleven?!" Ámbar jumped, as if he'd said four in the afternoon. "Wow, I hadn't slept in this much in a long time..." She said, recovering from the surprise. She brought her gaze to his with a coquettish look. "You really wore me out."

Simón smiled smugly and gave a small shrug. "Well, what can I say? I like to be very thorough," he said playfully. "Or... maybe all of this was part of my evil plan to get you to let me sleep until a decent hour."

She raised her brows. "Decent hour? By the time we go downstairs, we might as well have lunch."

He gave her a look. "You're totally exaggerating, it's not that late." He turned on his side and ran his knuckles softly over her right arm. "And anyway, I wasn't planning on going to the dining room." He smiled at her. "How does breakfast in bed sound?"

Her eyes sparkled. "Really?"

"Of course. It's the least my queen deserves."

She tilted her head to the side with the cutest melted smile.

"Aww." She cupped his cheek and leaned in to kiss him. "I love you."

He gave her another peck. "I love you more."

She drew back with a gasp in fake outrage. "You do not want to start that discussion, mister."

"Oh really?" He said, playing along.

"Yep, because you're going to lose," she said confidently. "So better give up now while you still can."

He smirked. "Or what?"

Ámbar's eyes narrowed with challenge just as he wanted. With the hint of a smile on her lips, she rose and sat astride him, keeping his gaze from above.