... With a Mistake (Part 2)

Thank you all for sticking around this long. I hope you still like what I do.

--------------------------

"Matteo did what?"

Simón was left standing there, reduced to staring at his friend with incredulity.

"I mean, we don't know if he really got into a fight with Michel in the end or not," Pedro clarified, "but the girls said that he was very angry when he ran off, so I can't imagine that anything good came after that."

The two were in the locker room, behind the counter, faint music from the cafeteria's speakers serving as background noise to their conversation.

"Wow..." Simón's gaze wandered, picturing what the scene must've looked like in his head. "Let's hope nothing bad happened. Michel was wrong, obviously, but from there to hitting him, I mean..."

"Yeah... To be honest, I was surprised," Pedro said. "You're the one that's usually more protective over Luna and you said nothing, so Matteo running after Michel was a little... you know. I mean, I get that he's jealous, but he needs to chill."

It was like a hit to the chest. Simón looked down, fidgeting with the rag they used to wipe the skates. "... I didn't know."

Pedro blinked. "Didn't know what?"

"That Michel kissed Luna," he said quietly. "She didn't tell me."

Silence fell between the two.

"Oh..." Pedro shifted awkwardly. "Well, I found out through Delfi who found out from the girls, it's not like Luna told me and not you," he explained in a clear attempt to comfort him. "And this is probably a topic that's easier to talk about with other girls. You know, because they can, like, understand better the situation..."

Simón stopped him with a gesture for him to relax. "Yeah, no, I get it. It's fine."

And it was fine, he understood. But he couldn't blame Pedro for looking at him doubtfully because, well, if he was honest, it did hurt to find out about this through someone else and not Luna.

Maybe he was a hypocrite for feeling that way after what happened with Felipe Mendevilla's number, and that just made him feel worse. He and Luna used to tell each other everything. They were the first person the other sought out when something happened. When had that changed? When had that stopped being so?

Probably since we arrived in Buenos Aires.

If he dug into his memory, that was when their dynamic had started to shift. Luna kept denying she had feelings for Matteo even when it was obvious to everyone, then she tried to warn him about Daniela and he didn't listen...

Because I was trying to forget about Luna.

And maybe the reason she wasn't honest about Matteo was also because she was trying to spare his feelings.

Then, all of it had started because he got feelings for her? It was his fault?

The ringing of a phone pulled Simón out of his head.

"Ah, there it is!" Pedro said as he reached to answer the incoming video call lighting the screen of his cellphone.

They'd been waiting for this call. Nico had told them that morning that he had a surprise but that he'd only tell them at this hour, so the two had gathered at the lockers to see what the reason was behind all the mystery. Simón was rather curious.