... With a Mistake (Part 1)

I'M ALIIIIIVEEEEEEEE.

I'm genuinely so sorry for updating this late. I bring good news tho! This was originally just one long chapter that I had to split in two, so you'll have part 2 very soon!! Yay, two updates!

Now, fair warning: For those of you who like Lutteo: You're welcome. But if you're like me and couldn't care less, I am deeply sorry about this. I promise this is the only lutteo heavy one; I needed to get it out of the way.

Hope you like it.

-----------------------

"Oh no, the daisy wilted..."

Simón looked up from the bundle of lights in his hands and looked at Ámbar. She was crossing her room towards to her nightstand, or more specifically, to the little glass of water that sat on top of it. He approached from his spot at her closet, leaving the light garlands on the bed bench, and followed her gaze. There was the daisy had given her the other day. He still remembered how it'd looked on her, how its yellow matched her hair— He had pictures of it, in fact. Now the flower laid curved down against the rim of the glass, having lost its strength and most of its once vivid color.

Ámbar abandoned the blanket in her arms in favor of grabbing the tiny flower. They were in the process of taking down the blanket fort and putting everything back in its place after they woke up that morning.

Simón had been surprised she'd wanted to sleep on the floor. He had been ready to take down the fort before they went to bed last night, but Ámbar had wanted to keep it for as long as possible. He doubted she had ever slept on such a hard surface before— Her bed was small but still had the best mattress and softest sheets he'd ever felt. She hadn't complained one bit though.

Simón could understand why. It was actually quite cozy, what with the many blankets and pillows they had at their disposal in their little fort. It was definitely not the hardest surface he had ever slept on –He remembered summers with his friends, laying shirtless on the cold tiles of the kitchen floor, trying not to die from the heat— since Ámbar's fur carpet cushioned it somewhat. And to sleep holding each other... well, that was always a marvel.

And speaking of marvels...

Simón took the chance to take her in for the umpteenth time that morning. She just looked so soft and cute, wearing his t-shirt over her cotton pajama capris. It was "warmer than her own clothes" she'd claimed the night prior, before stealing it for herself along with another piece of his heart. Seeing her engulfed in his too-big clothes —she looked so small, he wanted to hold her— pleased him more than it probably should.

The sight was only marred by the sad look on her face, a tiny pout on her lips as she sighed, twirling the daisy between her fingers. "I don't wanna throw it away..."

Simón's heart squeezed. A tiny smile curled the corners of his mouth. He wondered if she knew those were the little things that made him feel she really loved him.

"It's okay," he said tenderly. "I'll give you more, remember?"

More flowers, more t-shirts— Hell, my whole closet. Name it and it's yours.

Ámbar's sadness abated as she looked at him, her own lips softening into a smile. Then her eyes widened slightly as if in realization. "Wait."

Simón watched with curiosity as she moved to her vanity set and opened the drawer on the right, daisy still held between her fingertips. From there she pulled out a small black planner, one he'd seen her use before to take notes while she worked at the Roller, and maneuvered to open it with her free hand. Choosing a blank spot, she placed the daisy between its pages, and, very carefully, closed the planner shut.