... With Memories

Happy early Christmas, everybody! Thank you for the 30k reads ♡

--------------------------

In the blink of an eye, three whole days had passed since the return of Juliana. The Roller was lively, the music and the colors seeming more vibrant now that everything was back to how it used to be. Well, not everything, but as Nina's fingers flew around the keyboard, the familiar sound of typing joining the cheery voices of her friends, she contemplated that things were always changing, nothing ever stayed the same forever, and that was okay because it allowed growth.

Luna wasn't the same now that she knew who she truly was, but she'd gained more family and the ability to finally let go of the wondering and the empty space. Nico was no longer there, but he'd left for New York chasing his dreams. Nina herself would soon be graduating high school and doing God knows what. Something related to writing, for sure. She had some ideas, but it was still hard to imagine that by this time next year she'd be at university. Her life, and everyone's lives, were going to change so much, and in ways only the future could tell.

All of this she wrote on her laptop— Her musings about time and how fast it went by. Permanence. Change. Future. Her mind was full of these things because time, slowly and tortuously, had snuck up on her.

Gastón would be flying back to England tomorrow.

Nina's fingers stumbled and stopped their typing. Procrastinating writing philosophical thoughts was probably not a good idea. It helped her think though, and think she had, all these days, exhaustively. She didn't think she'd thought this much about Gastón since when she was first crushing on him years ago.

She also thought a lot about herself. About what she wanted.

She thought of Eric too.

She even thought of Xavi, sweet Xavi, and of a hundred hypothetical guys she could maybe meet in the future.

Future. Past. Possibilities. Fears. Wishes.

In the end, even if she rationalized everything and tried to find the right answer like in the question of a test, what really mattered were her feelings.

There was no 'right' answer because no one knew what would happen— She could only decide on what she wanted.

And she did.

Taking a deep breath, Nina grabbed her phone to follow through on what she had set out to do this morning. She tapped her screen, going through different chats until she found his contact.

N: Can we talk this afternoon?

N: I have my answer.

*************************

Keen eyes looked through documents; checking, evaluating.

"Okay, as far as I see it, everything's in order." Ana smiled. "This event is going to be great."

Ámbar placed a hand on her chest and sighed in relief. "Thank you so much, Ana." She received the papers from her and tucked them in the folder. "I want this to be the best Roller Jam ever. You're invited, by the way."

Ana laughed lightly. "Thank you, I'd love to come." She put her phone and pen back into her purse and began to stand. "I'll get going now, I have a hearing in a couple of hours."