... With Luna (Part 1)

(Revised: 30/03/2023. Previous version: 4095 words / New version: 4684 words.)

---------------------------

When Luna came to the dining table the next morning for breakfast, only Matteo and Pedro were there.

"Hey, guys," she greeted them, searching the room right after with her eyes. "Where's Simón? Is he still asleep?"

"Totally the opposite, actually," Pedro said.

"Yeah, believe it or not, he woke up early," Matteo followed up and took a sip from his coffee. "He left some minutes ago."

Luna frowned. 

"Simón? Early?"

*******************

Simón sighed contently as he walked to the Roller with Ámbar hand in hand. He didn't think anything could erase the big smile on his face right now. It was just one of those moments he wished he could capture forever: the sun shining down nicely, the birds singing, the girl he loved by his side... It was a sense of peace he wished he could feel every day.

Ámbar turned her head toward him.

"Why so smiley?"

Simón could've told her how amazed he was by the mere fact of her existence, but being who he was, he went for teasing her instead.

"Just remembering how I totally won that fight over the toast," he said with a shrug, keeping the goofy smile as he looked ahead.

He could picture the way her jaw dropped even if he didn't see it and it made him smile harder.

"You so did not, I ate it in the end!" She retorted with playful disbelief.

"Yeah, because I gave it to you, not because you took it from me," he pointed out, looking at her smugly.

She returned the look right back at him with a smirk. "Well, after that kiss I gave you, I didn't see you complaining."

Oh yeah. That had been better than any toast.

"Like I said: totally a win."

Ámbar rolled her eyes with her characteristic 'you're an idiot but I like you' smile.

Soon they arrived at the Roller and Ámbar pulled out the keys to unlock the door. Before she could open it though, Simón stopped her and pulled it open himself, holding it for her to enter first. Ámbar rolled her eyes with a smile again and walked inside, followed by Simón. The two stood by the entrance, seeing the place strangely deserted due to how early it was.

Simón stood in front of Ámbar and took her hands in his..

"Did I tell you that you look especially beautiful today?" He asked with a smile.

Ámbar's lips curled up, her face feeling a little warm from embarrassment. She had woken up that morning feeling like she didn't want to wear black that day. Maybe it was stupid, but Simón was going to meet her for breakfast, and she was happy— Happier than she'd been in a while. Her usual full-black outfits wouldn't reflect that, so she chose a light grey dress instead. She felt lighter, and it was all because of him.

"Maybe it's because you're good for me," she said, looking into his eyes adoringly, absolutely fascinated by being able to be with him like this.

Simón returned her look, his eyes incredibly tender as he cupped her cheek softly and leaned down to kiss her.