Blizzard in Hogsmeade pt 1

It was the last weekend of the term, December had came quicker than expected for Jamie, who was just trying his best to help everyone while struggling to keep his grades up. He had paid extra attention to Harry, who was going through alot with the dementor attack, him loosing his first game, his broom being destroyed, and a crazied murder after him. That boy was a piece of work, but nothing chocolate could not fix. Everytime he was near Harry and the boy was not paying attention Jamie would slip a chocolate frog into his robe or school bag. Jamie never admitted it was him leaving the treats but he had a feeling Harry knew it was him, Harry knew better to ask, Jamie would just deny it, afterall.

Christmas was almost here and Jamie came to a startling discovery he actually had friends he needed to buy gifts for. Thankfully for him on Saturday there was to be another Hogsmeade trip.

He had money and was allowed to go, the only problem? He had no idea what to get them. He supposes candy would be a safe bet, so if he did not find anything he thought they might like, he'll just take a trip to Honeydukes.

Friday, the day before the trip, Jamie found himself wandering the grounds. It had just finished raining but the chilly haze still rested in the air, filling Jamie's senses with fresh rain and pine. Everywhere the rain did not touch was covered in a thin layer of frost, soon it would snow, which Jamie was (im)patiently waiting for.

"Jamie!"

He turned and blinked in surprise to see Ron standing here. It did not look like Ron at first, the tall, lanky body was covered in layer after layer to keep out the chill, a scarf (that looked suspiciously homemade) was wrapped tightly around the lower part of his face, the thing that gave his identity away was the mop of fluffy ginger hair sticking up in almost every direction.

"Weasley? A little cold, are you?"

"Haha." He said dryly, coming to a stop in front of the older boy. "And here I was trying to be nice."

Jamie stuffed his hands into his pockets and rose a brow at the ginger. "You? Nice?"

Ron scoffed, grumbling something about 'being done' under his breath, it was mostly garbled by the scarf, then turning on his heels and marching away.

"Wait." Jamie said jumping forward and grabbing the boys arm. "I was joking, okay?"

Ron pulled down his scarf revealing a smirk. "Oh I know. I'm friends with Harry, he sure cracks a few jokes worthy of Fred and George. But you just proved my point."

Jamie let the boy go and scoffed, turning away as he huffed out a laugh. "I do not care about anyone but myself, that is how you see Slytherin's, is it not?"

"You're not like them."

"No, no. I am. They are just not as bad as you make them out to be."

Ron rolled his eyes and adjusted one of his jackets. He clearly thought otherwise but did not want to argue.

"You said you came to be nice." Jamie said. "What were you going to say?"

"I- well, erm." He coughed to clear his throat and his face flushed. "Hermione thought you would like to join us in Hogsmeade, so I offered to ask."

Jamie almost said no but bit his tongue. If he followed Hermione and Ron around he could see what they like, see what they stare at for too long, it was a perfect opportunity. He just could not let them see him buy it.

"Okay." Jamie nodded, he could see Ron's bright blue eyes light up in shock, as if he was not expecting that response.

"Great, um. Well, I better go tell 'mione you said yes." He muttered quickly and turned sprinting up the hill of mud and frost, he slipped once or twice.