hippogriffs

➸➸➸

➸➸➸

"I wanted to thank ye once more for offerin' to help my class." Hagrid clapped Jamie on the back, grinning madly like all his dreams came true — which in a way, they did.

"Of course, Professor Hagrid." Jamie nodded, looking like he wanted to be anywhere but there in that moment, but Hagrid, who was beaming at the title 'Professor' didn't take notice.

He didn't want a Care of Magical Creatures class, little less help with one, but he got roped into by Dumbledore himself. Jamie doesn't know why Dumbledore asked him of all people, but didn't complain once the older man said that if Jamie worked as a helper in Hagrids class he would get an extra free hour on weekdays.

Jamie didn't know what he should expect, probably something wild seeing as though Hagrid was teaching. It was only the first official school day so he hasn't learned the giant's teaching methods yet.

Soon students started to trickle in, slowly as if the food they just ate at lunch was weighing them down. Much to Jamie's displeasure he saw that Draco was part of the group that was appearing. Draco tended to be quite annoying in school, seeing as though he has this mask up.

The white haired boy rose a brow when he saw Jamie and the older boy just shook his head. Draco smirked.

"C'mon, now, get a move on!" Hagrid called as more people approached. "Got a real treat for yeh today! Great lesson comin' up! Everyone here? Right, follow me!"

Hagrid led the class across the edge of the forbidden forest and not even five minutes later they arrived an a partly shady area, a stone wall (that stopped just above Jamie's shoudler) separated them from the wild creatures that roamed the forbidden forest.

"Everyone gather 'round the fence here! That's it — make sure yeh can see — now, firs' thing yeh'll want ter do is open yer books —"

"How?" Draco's cold voice cut Hagrid off and Jamie gave him an unimpressive look which the white haired boy pointedly ignored.

Jamie was not a big fan of Hagrid, they never really talked, but Narcissa strictly stated that they were supposed to obediently follow teachers orders and get good marks all while being a good student. Jamie liked Narcissa, unlike Lucius she was kind and welcomed him with warm arms. She also didn't try to force believes onto him.

"Eh?" Hagrid asked, looking at the Slytherin boy.

"How do we open our books?" He repeated, pulling the book out of his bag which was bound shut with a length of a rope. The rest of the Slytherin and Gryffindor third years pulled out their The Monster Book of Monsters which were all forcefully clamped closed.

"Hasn' — hasn' anyone bin able ter open their books?" Hagrid asked, suddenly crestfallen. Everyone shook their heads.

"Yeh've got ter stroke 'em. Here —" Hagrid grabbed Hermione's book from her and pulled off the tape that forced it closed, the book hissed at him and tried to bite Hagrid's beefy hands but Hagrid ran his giant finger down the books spine and it settled down before flipping open.