Lavender Tea

Jamie's feet slammed against the ground, a jolt of pain flared up at his leg for a moment. Inhaling a deep breath he glanced around. Harry and Draco both had tripped upon arrival and now laid breathless on the soft grass and Sirius was hovering inches from the ground, he clearly tripped as well but Remus grabbed his cloak at the last possible second.

     "You good?" Remus asked.

     "Splendid." Sirius chirped.

     Remus hummed and let go of the cloak. Sirius hit the ground, a shout of protest tumbling past his lips. He ended up a mouth full of grass. With a wave of Remus' wand his cloak transformed into a green muggle jacket.

     Jamie rolled his eyes at the sight. "You three get up, we need to get moving."

     Remus hummed in agreement.

     Just in front of them were two wizards. Clearly they worked for the Ministry. One held a golden watch, the other a thick roll of parchment and a quill. They must have been working for quite sometime now, they looked exhausted.

     Remus lead the way, a pep to his step. He nodded to the wizards and gestured Jamie forward. The Slytherin flashed the workers the Portkey before tossing it into the pile along with the other portkeys, one of them being an old tattered boot.

     "Two past seven from Melody Meadows." Said the wizard as he scribbled something down on the parchment.

     The two eyed Sirius for a moment before Jamie cleared his throat loudly. The one holding the watch jumped. "Our campsite is under the name "Lupin and Black". Where can we find it?"

     The man with the parchment shuffled through some pages before finding the correct one. "First field. Ask for Mr. Roberts."

     "Thanks." Said Jamie flatly. Sirius, totally unbothered by the two ministry wizards, skipped ahead, Remus eagerly follow suit, the two practically racing to get to the field first. Harry and Draco chased after them without question, laughing when Sirius tried to trip Remus but ended up tripping himself and eating grass for the second time today. Jamie stayed a moment longer to stare the wizards down. "He's a great person, you know."

     They both nodded fastly. Their eyes were blown wide and they smartly held their tongues under Jamie's glare. Satisfied with their reactions he turned and set off after his family.

     By the time he finally caught up with them they finished talking with Mr. Roberts and now had a map of the campsite.

     Remus lead the way as they trudged up the misty field between long rows of tents. Most looked almost ordinary; their owners had clearly tried to make them as Muggle-like as possible. Except some had chimneys, or bellpulls, or weather vanes were added. Although not every tent tried to appear muggle. Some where so obviously out of place it almost made Jamie mad; this was muggle property with muggle security. The magical community should at least hold some sort of respect on those grounds.

     A small wooden sign labeled their campsite. LUPIN-BLACK it read in neat handwriting. Everyone dropped their bags on the soft grass. The tent was attached to Jamie's bag and he did not waste another second before unloading the supplies.

     Harry had never been camping, so the tent building went by rather slow because Sirius wanted to teach the boy step by step on how to set up a tent properly. Draco stood off to the side pretending like he knew what was happening so he didn't get roped into learning. Of course the Malfoy's always went on fancy trips and traveled but they never got to have the tent experience. It was always the nicest hotels Lucien would get for them. Jamie, who took muggle studies for two years now, already knew how to pitch a tent, so he tried to help in any way he could.