Irish Love

Diagonally is, as usual, bursting with life. Even after yet another campaign just finished the people lingered in the streets talking amongst each other, sharing their opinions with anyone who would listen. Jamie was quick to learn that this response was normal, this happened after every campaign without fail, even that one time when it started raining. He and his friends have done a handful of campaigns by now since the summer started. A month has passed by and that's mainly what Jamie focused on.

     He was always researching, always writing his next speech, always planning the dates and inviting important people from around the world. He was always talking with someone, whether that be someone with power to help his cause, or that be someone who is powerless and he wants to help. Always taking notes. Always listening. Always trying to fix the world. It was tiring, especially when he never got sleep at night because he had to sneak out to meet with his uncle for practice. Right now he was running off his morning coffee, that was the only thing that stopped him from collapsing on stage, but now that the show is over the coffees effect is starting to wear off.

     Jamie knew the people around him noticed his change. He could see it in the morning when he poured a hefty amount of coffee into his mug and Remus side eyed him. He could see it in the way his dad was always trying to make him go to bed early. He could see it in the way Harry always stood closer to him, as if the boy knew he was seconds away from collapsing and wanted to catch him. They did not want to say anything and scare the boy away, after all he was rather knew to accepting his own feelings. They wanted him to go to them. Then there was Draco.

     Draco did not sugar coat anything. He always was straight to the point.

     "You look bloody awful."

     Jamie turned to see Draco's arms crossed over his chest, his scars now a light pink and were stark against his pale skin. Jamie knew that Draco had debated showing his scars, it was still a touchy subject for him but given that the campaign was for werewolf awareness, he decided it was for a just cause.

     He is so proud of his little cousin. Draco is easily one of the bravest boys he has ever met. The kid was raised with a one-track mind. Lucien had drilled certain beliefs in his head and never let him think for himself. Draco broke free from everything all on his own. He stood up to his dad, disowned the Malfoy name, lost his fame and fortune and everything that made him him. He, quite literally, became a new person. The type of person he always secretly wanted to be but never thought he would become. His father would never allow it. But now he is done caring for what others think of him. . . Or at least trying. There was always doubt rooted deep into his veins, that wouldn't wash away so easily.

     "Still look better than you."

     "I believe you have made that joke before. Run out of new material?"

     "Hey, nothings wrong with a classic."

     "Classics get boring eventually." The white haired boy shrugged. He glanced around Diagonally, his eyes sharp. Some of the people were no doubt gossiping about him, it was obvious in the way they would glance over at the boy while leaned in close as they exchanged hushed whispers.

     Jamie tossed an arm over Draco's shoulders. He was not going to let his cousin feel singled out. "Let them stare, you're having a good hair day."

     Draco's cold look melted away as the boy cracked a smile. He shoved the older boy off of him as he straightened up and smoothed down his shirt. "Do not block my good side, the cameras are still here."

     Two screams echoed through out the air. They were so loud that they easily could be heard over the bustling of street gossip. Everyone fell silent and whipped around. Jamie kept his eyes where the noise came from but reached an arm out for Draco, his brain reeled with the possibilities. His little cousin immediately grabbed his sleeve.