A Free Man

They were all ordered to stay in their respective beds until it was time for lunch the next day. The only exception was to use the bathroom, and even then they were only allowed limited time. Madam Pomfrey kept them under her watchful eye.

She had to keep an extra close eye on Jamie, who wanted to keep moving to his friends beds to chat with them. Now if he had minor injury she would have not cared that much, but it was only a few hours after she casted the spell so his bones were still healing and pulsing with magic.

One minute he would be in his bed, laying down quietly, she would think him asleep, then she would look away for a second and he would be in Hermione's bed next to the girl, they would be talking about future pro-werewolf campaigns they were going to hold.

But it wasn't just Hermione he kept moving to see. It was everyone, Harry, Draco, and Ron.

It got to the point Madam Pomfrey had to use a force field charm around Jamie's bed, preventing him from leaving his bed. Once he realized he was trapped he looked Madam Pomfrey in the eyes and shook his head in disappointment, giving her a thumbs down. She had smiled at his actions.

Professor Lupin had joined them in the late morning, looking worse for wear. Madam Pomfrey wrapped up his bites and scratches and gave him a potion to help wake him up. She had informed him in on the case after lunch, he looked rather shocked. Just when he started to get color back to his face he looked at Draco's bandaged arm and paled once more. He looked physically sick.

Draco and Professor Lupin completely ignored eachother, the air between them thick.

When lunch came no one could really eat, except Lupin, who was starving. He said it was part of the aftermath of transforming. After lunch they had to go to Dumbledore's office, where they would use the floo system to reach the Ministry.

Ron was carrying Pettigrew, who was still in his rat form, locked in a thick metal cage Hermione had transfigured. Ron wanted to play a big part in putting Pettigrew behind bars. He was still offended. Jamie was right behind the boy, an arm held out to catch the boy incase he fell.

"How do I look?" Hermione asked before they walked into the trial room. "Oh I do wish Madam Pomfrey would have let us clean up some. They might take us more seriously if we looked more professional."

Jamie rested a supportive hand on her shoulder. "We have evidence. We know we are right. What more do we need?"

She gave a small smile back but it fell the second the doors were opened.

Harry and Jamie walked in first, side by side, both glaring determinedly at the jury; Ron entered next, limping with his broken leg and clattering cage; Hermione was third, standing at Draco's side, smiling at the witches and wizards anxiously, Draco regarded them with a polite nod; at the back Professor Lupin walked in with Dumbledore, he was fiddling with his cuffs on his shirt.

Sirius Black was cuffed to a chair in the middle of the room, he had five different wands pointed at him from all angles.

"You can sit at that table." Said Minister Fudge, waving at the table place several feet behind Sirius Black.

Jamie and Harry sat at the direct center. They shared a look and they both knew they were leaving with Sirius Black, legally or not.

"Now." Minister Fudge began. Everyone was quiet, eager for the events that are about to unravel. "You all claim Sirius Black is innocent, although there is evidence to prove that he, in fact, twelve years ago betrayed the Potters then blew up a street, killing Peter Pettigrew — who you claim is still alive — and twelve muggles. Is this correct?"