Chapter 17

After the survived resistance troops fell back and rescued, all of the severely injured soldiers, including Gadget, Sonic '20, Sonic '14 and Amy '14, were at the medical room as they were all under treatment by medics there. Four of them were under the care of Cream's family as they wrapped them with bandages.

"I'm happy that you guys are alive." said Cream as she wrapped Amy '14 with bandages, "If not, you will never go back to your world. There you go."

"Thank you, sweetie." smiled Amy '14 before poking the cute rabbit's cheek.

"You're welcome. That tickles, Miss Amy." she giggled, "Just call me Cream and we're happy to help you."

"Now, get some rest. Gemerl will take care four of you." said Vanilla to them before she and her daughter left.

"That was close one for the victory." groaned Gadget, "I almost beat Infinite by myself."

"Too bad, we got lost." said Sonic '14.

"I don't think so." replied Amy '14, "I don't think we lost the war since we fall back."

"I agree with you." said Gemerl who was with them, "There could be a 50% chance to win this war."

"Yeah. Unless we'll win this if we know more about the Phantom Ruby's power." said Sonic '20.

Meanwhile at the briefing room of the headquarters...

"Things were going well with Operation Big Wave, but then everything fizzled out when that Phantom Ruby kicked in." sighed Knuckles.

"We all know that most of our enemies were created using the Phantom Ruby's power, right?" said Silver, "Even if it's a virtual reality projection, it's as strong as the originals."

"Rouge, have you found the intel I was looking for?" asked Shadow.

"No, not yet." sighed Rouge, "But I have reports that I overheard that Eggman's database is located at the Chemical Plant. If we can check that out, we might find something there."

"That sounds like a promising lead. We have to figure out the secret behind Infinite's power and virtual reality." said Sonic and then asked Tails, "Tails, can you handle this?"

"Got it." he replied, "I'll take Sonic--I mean, little Sonic-- with me and head to the Chemical Plant!"

Classic Sonic nodded as he agreed.

"Maybe I should come too." said Vector as he stood up, "I could help you find that computer room!"

"I don't think you should come, Vector. I overheard that the computer is highly secured and hard to override it." Rouge explained.

"Maybe, you're right. I'll stay here." said Vector and he sat down.

"Tails, do you think you can override it?" asked Rouge.

"Not sure. It probably takes time to override it" Tails replied, "I guess I need an extra too. I need Gemerl to hack into the security. I modified Gemerl so that he could help hacking into any secured devices. I'll go get him."

Tails and Classic Sonic went to the medical room and talked to Gemerl as they need him.

"So you need Gemerl for your mission?" asked Cream.

"Yeah, Cream. I need him to hack into the secured computer." Tails replied and asked Cream's robot friend, "What do you say, Gemerl?"

"I think I should come with you." replied Gemerl, "Seems that I'm useful for this mission. I'll be back, Cream."

Tails and Classic Sonic left the headquarters with Gemerl and boarded on the Tornado-1. They flew towards the Chemical Plant and landed there.

"Rouge says there should be a database somewhere around here." said Tails, "We have to locate the building it's in. Stick together, guys. And stay sharp."