Chapter 15

After the time when Sonic '20 met the real Shadow, an urgent call from Knuckles was heard in the headquarters.

"Calling all resistance! I need everyone to the briefing room right now!"

Few moments later, all of the resistance troops gathered to the room as Knuckles told them the news.

"Listen up! We just got word that Eggman's forces are undermanned at his headquarters in Metropolis!"

"They're probably staging somewhere else as part of Eggman's plan." said Espio, "This could be our only chance to take the city."

"Exactly! That's why we're focusing on a full frontal assault on Metropolis!" replied Knuckles, I'm calling it, Operation... uh... Big Wave. Yeah, that's right. Operation Big Wave!"

"That's kinda silly name of this mission." Amy '14 commented.

"I agree with you, Amy." replied Sonic '20, "Knuckles, try to name this mission something... cool and unique."

"Well, that's all what I think for naming this mission." said Knuckles as he scratched the back of his head.

"Who cares what it's called? What's important is to have a well thought out strategy." said Silver.

"I thought up this strategy in about a minute and a half." sighed Knuckles, "We're going in hard and fast and we're not going to stop till Eggman's army's destroyed. I know the rest of us can do this! We've got the strength and the spirit to win. There's no finer group that I'd want to fight with. But... I wish I wanna join."

"Ha! Great speech!" said Vector, "Let's give Eggman an old-fashioned beat down!"

"They have more in sheer numbers, so the idea of a quick, focused attack isn't bad." said Tails as he stepped forward, "We also have three Sonics and Amy from different dimensions so I have no doubt we can do this! Also, if we can destroy the Phantom Ruby, the war will be over and maybe the other Sonics and Amy will be going home to their own dimension. At least I hope so... this is all new territory for me..."

"Okay, let's head straight for Eggman's HQ! Time to save the world, people!" said Knuckles.

"YEAH!!!" all of the troops yelled out, ready for this mission before they left to board on each of the resistance's transportation to Metropolis. Also, Gadget, Sonic '20, Sonic '14 and Amy '14 joined for this operation as they boarded on the air battleship.

On the ship, as they were put on their parachutes and were taught how to use it, Sonic '20, Sonic '14 and Amy '14 noticed that Gadget was feeling down.

"Something wrong, Gadget?" asked Amy '14.

"There is. I'm kinda scared of something." replied Gadget, "You know that Eggman's forces are at Metropolis so... what if... Infinite is there too. If he's there, we'll be wiped out."

The three looked at the scared wolf and tried to encourage him to overcome his fears.

"Look, I know you have been afraid before. But you don't have to be anymore." said Sonic '20, "I've been scared before like when my world's Eggman was after my powers and I needed to run away. Until I've learned that I'll use my powers for what's right like I've defeated Eggman with the help of my friends. As long as you have friends that supports you, you'll lose your fears."

"That's right." added Sonic '14, "You know that this world's Sonic have encouraged you before. When you encounter your fear, don't be scared and it's your moment to shine."

"Plus keep going and don't let your fear own you." added Amy '14.

That made Gadget feel better. Then, the alarm blared and the hatch opened, allowing the troops to jump off the ship. They found themselves that they're on the surface of Metropolis. Down there, the war has already begun as several laser blasts firing everywhere. They waited for the signal to jump until the ship got shot by a stray laser blast from Metropolis.