Chapter 12

A day after Sonic and Amy '14's battle with Infinite at Mystic Jungle, an urgent message came to the headquarters.

"Eggman's army has broken through! They're in the east part of the city!" Amy reported, "We need to get these people out of here!"

"Who can we send? Sonic, Amy and Silver need time to heal." said Knuckles.

"We've engaged enemy forces at Seaside Hill." said Espio, "The two other Sonics were there too. We can't spare anyone!"

Then, another urgent message was received through the radio.

"This is the 8th Unit! We're pinned down under heavy enemy fire!" called the resistance trooper.

"This mission could be a tough one. I'll go." said Gadget, preparing his Wispon.

"You sure about this, Gadget?" asked Knuckles.

"I'm sure, Commander." replied Gadget, "I think I can do this."

"Very well. Now, I need you to head back to the city and save those civilians!" ordered Knuckles.

"Roger that."

Suddenly, another urgent message was received.

"This is the 5th Unit! We're being under attack by Chaos here in the north part of the city!" called the resistance trooper, "We need some reinforcements here!"

"Chaos? That creature made out of water?" asked Amy '14.

"Yeah, Amy." replied Amy, "But we don't have enough reinforcements here. Our last reinforcement is assigned to the east part of the city."

"And I can't do both missions at the same time." added Gadget, "What are we gonna do?"

"Well then... Knuckles, send me to the north part of the city." called Amy '14 to Knuckles, "I'll beat that Chaos."

"Right now? But you need more time to heal." said Amy.

"I'm okay now." replied Amy '14, "I'll go there."

"If you say so." said Knuckles, "Okay, I send you to your mission."

"Yes si--"

"Wait! I'll go with you." said Amy.

"Amy?"

"I wanna go to a field mission with you, Amy. I really want to." said Amy, "And I know the way to defeat Chaos."

"But... who's gonna do your communication work?" asked Amy '14.

"I will." replied Sonic as he entered the room.

"Sonic?"

"Don't worry, Ames. I'll do your work here." said Sonic, "Go to your field mission if you want to."

"Thanks, Sonic." replied Amy with a warm smile.

"And Gadget, try to believe in yourself that you can do this." added Sonic.

"Believe in myself. Yeah, I can do this." said Gadget, "Thanks for the advice, Sonic. Let's go."

Gadget and the two Amys left the headquarters and headed towards the city. As they came to the city, they split up as the rookie went to the east and the pink hedgehogs went to the north. Then, Sonic called them through the communicator.

"This is Sonic the Hedgehog. I need a status update on the people who couldn't evacuate on time. You know what to do."

"Roger that, Sonic." replied Gadget.

Ahead on Gadget's way were more Badniks. Then, Espio called through the communicator.

"Espio here. We're engaging the enemy forces and can't search for civilians right now."