Chapter 11

A warp ring suddenly appeared in the headquarters and the weakened Sonic and Amy '14 came out from the portal.

"Oh my gosh! You okay?" asked Amy as she stepped closer to them.

"We're fine, Amy." replied Sonic in a groan.

"How's your fight with Infinite?" Amy asked again.

"We did our best. But it's not enough to defeat him." replied Amy '14.

"It's okay. You did your best. Now, you guys should get some rest. Follow me to the medical room." said Knuckles as he guided them to the medical room.

There, several injured soldiers were under treatment by any medics. Silver was there too, who was also under treatment by Vanilla and Cream.

"Now, get some rest, Silver. It can help to recover you." said Vanilla.

"I know." replied Silver as he lied down the bed, "Thanks, Mrs. Vanilla. Cream."

"Your welcome, Mr. Silver." replied Cream kindly.

Knuckles arrived at the medical room along with Sonic and the two Amys. Gadget and the two other Sonics followed them from behind.

"So you were there to find the source of Infinite's power?" asked Sonic to Silver as he sat on the bed.

"Not just that. I was trying to find out his weakness." replied Silver, "I know a little bit about the source of his power."

"Wait, so you're saying that you already know the source of his power? Why won't you just tell me?" said Sonic.

"We forgot. Sorry about that." Amy apologized.

"So tell me what's the source of his power?" asked Sonic.

"Well, it's possible that the source of his power came from the ruby." replied Amy, "Wait, what's the ruby called? I think it's called... Phantom Ruby? Yeah, it is. Shadow told us that."

"Shadow?! But Amy, Shadow is fighting us for Eggman!" Sonic exclaimed, "Why did he--"

"No, no, no. You don't understand." explained Amy, "The Shadow we've fought before was a fake."

"Fake?"

"Yes, Sonic. According to Shadow, that fake Shadow was in fact a virtual reality replica created from the Phantom Ruby." said Knuckles, "But not just Shadow, there are replicas of Chaos, Zavok and Metal Sonic."

"Wait, isn't the last time that Zavok guy we beaten after we rescued Sonic was a fake?" asked Sonic '14, "I saw some glitches on him before he disappeared."

"I think that's a replica." replied Sonic, "Also, there are replicas of Infinite during our fight with him at Mystic Jungle. They're also looked glitchy too. If they are created from the Phantom Ruby, that means that ruby contains power, just like the Chaos Emeralds!"

"Uhh... Quick question, what are Chaos Emeralds?" asked Sonic '14.

"Wait, you don't know what are Chaos Emeralds?" asked Sonic.

Sonic '14 and Amy '14 shook their heads in reply. They haven't heard about Chaos Emeralds.

"Except for me. I've heard about Chaos Emeralds." said Gadget, "But I wanna know more about those."

"I never heard about Chaos Emeralds before but I heard about Master Emerald. And it's just a bedtime story in my world." explained Sonic '20.

Sonic turned to Amy and Knuckles and they nodded to Sonic to let them know about Chaos Emeralds. So, Sonic closed his eyes until he summoned the seven Chaos Emeralds as they circled around Sonic. Gadget, Sonic '14, Sonic '20 and Amy '14 looked at the seven emeralds in awe.