CHAPTER 1

Hey guys, hope you'll are doing fine. I hope you'll like the chapter. Dive in!

Mira's POV

God why do you hate me!Why did you send him here? Do you not have enough entertainment in your life, why me!

I was pulled out of my reverie by Sanju who tapped me on my shoulder. 

'Sanju, why did this have to happen to me?' I asked. 

'Maybe this is a sign from god that you'll are meant to be' she told me, stifling her laughter. 

'You need a mental hospital' I told her sassily before walking to my room. Once I entered my room I noticed that there was a gift box on the table. I unwrapped the box to notice a box inside. I curiously opened it and a jack popped out scaring me. Seriously? Who gifts a person a jack in the box. 

Just then I saw a note placed neatly at the side of the box. The minute I opened it I knew the sender of this beautiful gift. The handwriting was one thing I would never forget. I couldn't remember the number of times I told him to improve his ant scrawl. I am pretty sure if it was anyone but me they wouldn't have been able to figure it out, but after years of reading his disastrous handwriting, it was normal for me. 

I hope you remember this Jack, it's the same one you had gifted me on my birthday after our 10th boards. Hope you missed me! I am sure you know the sender, see you around sweetie. 

I placed the box aside and pulled my hair in frustration, before I regained focus. I sat on my desk and started working. I had 2 big cases currently. I worked and worked till I heard a knock on my door. 

'It's lunch time Mira' Sanju said loudly. I didn't turn around or reply since I had to complete this. 

'Look, you can take a short break, it won't affect your billings. Plus if you don't get food in your system you become cranky and moody. Chal' she insisted. I motioned a 5 to her with my hand. 

'Fine, meet in the lobby, love you' she said and walked out. 5 minutes later, I got up after turning my laptop off. I noticed the box once again, and I couldn't resist my urge to smile. I remembered the time I had gifted this box to him. 

Flashback

'Mira what are you gifting Kabir for his birthday?'  Akshay asked me. 

'I don't know, what are you giving him?' I asked him. 

'I was planning to give him a F1 hoodie, keychain and mug set' he told me. 

'Oh, that's a nice idea' I told him. Just then I noticed Kabir goofing around with his group of friends. He was talking in grand gestures and everyone laughed. That reminded me of something. I knew the perfect gift for him, something he would never forget. 

After school that day, I went to a store and bought the jack in a box. It was a really cute one. A few days later I gave it to him on his birthday. He had glared at me for the entire week after that. One day, I casually mentioned the Jack in a box during a conversation in lunch. I looked at him to see him already glaring at me. We looked at one another and then burst out laughing. All our friends had walked away disowning us, but we couldn't help ourselves. We were rolling on the floor laughing out loud, till tears poured out of our eyes.

Flashback over

I was pulled out of my trance when my junior knocked on the door. She placed a file on the desk and asked me if I could take a look at it when I had time. I nodded in agreement and she smiled before she left the room. I was taken back to my earlier thoughts. My, how things had changed