CHAPTER 13

Hey guys, this chapter is going to be a little different. It is not my usual writing style so please bear with me. Give me constructive comments and help me improve. Anyways, Dive in. 

Kabir's POV

I stood there with uncle and aunty in an awkward silence coz uncle went back to glaring at me as soon as Mira shut the washroom door. I hated the idea of him hating me. If he didn't approve I'd never ever get my girl. She would never go against her own father. I needed him to be on my side if I had to win her over. I finally got this chance after 10 years. 

Flashback to 10 years back

I walked in the mall with Rishi to buy something for  Ayesha after my fight with Mira. My heart hurt, it physically hurt to do anything knowing that I was the reason she cried. But she had to realize that Ayesha is my girlfriend and I love her. She has to know that she shouldn't lie to me about my girl just to separate us. 

Ayesha had recently told me that Mira liked me and would try to separate us. I laughed and denied but after this it really feels like Ayesha may be right. But Mia has never lied to me and never wanted to hurt me. She wouldn't do such a thing would she? 

But what if her liking me blinded her? I am just so lost without her around. But I need to be strong and pretend like I'm fine for Ayesha. It's mine and Ayesha's 6th month anniversary tomorrow and I need to get something for her. So here I was. 

'Kabir you okay?' Rishi had asked me. 

'Yes I'm okay' I replied. He didn't look convinced but he let it go. I got a perfume for Ayesha and was heading out when I saw her. I smiled, but my smile turned into a frown when I saw my arch nemesis walking upto her and I saw red when he kissed her. They were making out for a few minutes as I stood there frozen shocked at what I was seeing. I cracked my knuckles walking upto them. I punched him, and broke up with her before heading home. I locked myself up because I thought I'd cry for her. But I didn't, all I felt was anger. 

Anger at myself. 

Anger at Ayesha. 

I lost my best friend for an idiotic girl who made no difference in my life. I cried at the thought of losing Mira. I cried and I cried, realizing how important she was in my life. When I thought about the one person that brightened my life the most, all I could think about was her. I could visualize her smile as she jumped around over-excited for something as silly as a chocolate. And then I saw her face today. Tears pooled her eyes and her breathing was heavy as she cried and fought with me. She had good intentions and I just doubted her. The girl I'd known for almost 15 years. I should just go kill myself. How did I not realize sooner. I love her. 

Back to present

'I love her' I blurted out not realizing what I said. 

'You what?' Uncle shouted looking at me with wide eyes. 

'I. Love. Her.' I replied pausing after every word. Aunty seemed shocked at my confession. Hell I was shocked too. But I didn't regret it for one second. I loved her and it was a fact, it was not something I ever wanted to hide. 

'If you really love her like you're saying then why did you hurt her the way you did' Uncle said harshly. He had all the rights. But I need to convince him, I need her in my life. 

'Uncle, I was young. I was stupid. I made a huge mistake. If I could change it, I'd go to the ends of the Earth to do it. But I can't. All I can do is beg you and her for a second chance. She has forgiven me, but I know that's only half of the forgiveness I need to even have a shot with her. You, Mihir and Aunty have to forgive me too for her to even think about giving me another shot in her life. I spoke to Mihir and he's forgiven me for how I treated Mia. He has threatened me, nonetheless, he has forgiven me. I beg of you, can y'all forgive me and give me another chance' I said in one breath, getting very very emotional. Uncle looked very shocked, he's always known, that I am very similar to him and never cry or get emotional, no matter what the situation is. 

Aunty immediately hugged me and forgave me. Uncle looked at me blankly for a few minutes before he gave me a slight nod and a soft 'I forgive you'. I heard the flush in the washroom and immediately wiped my eyes. Uncle and aunty also tried to act casually. Just as we heard the washroom door unlock, uncle said something to me softly. 

'I'll trust you with her, no one makes her as happy as you. Break this trust one more time, and I don't care how close our families are, they will find your head on their doorstep' he said before smiling at Mira. She looked confused at the vibe of the room before she shrugged it off and smiled beautifully at all of us. 

'Mumma, papa, I'll just get ready and be out in a while. Kabir thank you so much for all your help. We still make a very good team' she said with a smile before she walked to the walk-in wardrobe, leaving us to show ourselves out. 

Hey guys! I hope y'all liked this update as much as I liked writing it. It was quite a challenge coz I just can't write male leads POV. But I gave it my best. Do let me know how I can improve or what I could change. 

If y'all liked this update, do vote, comment and share. Your comments make my day. 

Love you guys!!!