CHAPTER 8

Hey guys!!! My boards start from tomorrow. Just writing today as a stress buster. Hope you'll like the update. 

Mira's POV

Not long after, we reached the Palace Hotel we were staying at. It had been completely booked for the wedding. The hotel staff welcomed all of us warmly with a garlands and coolers. We were then directed to the dining hall. 

'This wedding is going to be a lot of fun' Sanju whispered in my ear just as the grand doors were opened. The clatter of forks and spoons, the loud conversations that floated across the place and the sheer number of people there made me smile wide. Wow, this was gonna be fun. 

I noticed our parents sitting at a table and laughing so I made my way towards them. I put my hands over mumma's eyes as Mihir did the same with dad. 

'Beta I gave birth to you, do you really think I won't know it's you when you cover my eyes' Mumma said as dad snorted and laughed. 

'Exactly kids' he said agreeing with mom. We just huffed. All my friends had also joined and were greeting their parents. I greeted all the other uncle's and auntie's at the table when I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Shristi(A/N- Kabir's sister for all those who forgot)

'Hey dii' she said. 

'Hiiiiii' I said hugging her. 

'How are you? How was your flight?' she asked. 

'All good except I had too sit beside your brother' I said pouting and huffing. She just laughed at that. 

'Di you know he's not that bad, anyways I came to call you cause maa and papa wanted to meet you' she told me. I smiled at that. Kabir's family was amazing, just that he was a moron. I don't even know how he's related to them. 

'Let's go, I've missed aunty uncle soo much' I said and walked to their table with her. I noticed aunty immediately. Wow she looked exactly as she did 10 years ago. She was an is an elegant woman. Her smile was very warm as she stood up and opened her arms. I hugged her tight immediately. 

'I missed you aunty' I told her as we hugged. 

'I missed you too beta, how have you been. You know you could have met me even if you didn't want to meet Kabir' she told me with a stern look. 

'I'm sorry aunty' I replied with a puppy face knowing it would be enough to melt her anger. Her frown melted into a smile and I grinned as I noticed that. 

'Hey stop hogging her Aru' uncle told aunty. She let me go and I gave him a hug as well. 

'How's work going? Kabir was telling us that you'll work together now' he said with a smile. I nodded. 

'Uncle work is fine but your son annoys me sooo much' I complained like the old times. 

'Excuse me madam, they are my parents. They will support me not you' he said like a baby with a smile. 

'Kabir, don't trouble her, she is such a sweetheart' uncle said and Kabir frowned. 

'Not fair dad, her dad also supports her, you also support her. Who will support me?' he asked and I couldn't help but laugh at the face he made. Everyone else joined in and I spoke to them about some random things before I headed back to my table for dinner. 

My friends looked at me with an eyebrow raised but I just shrugged and continued my meal. I had no answer. As much as I hated him, I loved spending time with his family. Post dinner, all of us headed to our allotted rooms. Sanju, Dishi and I were sharing a suite. They left me alone in one room and shared the other knowing well enough my sleep football habits. The next day was the first function- Haldi.