CHAPTER 5

Hey guys, hope you'll are doing well, dive in. Some of my important exams got over and I finally have a bit of a breather till January end so I am going to try and complete this book as soon as possible. I hate leaving it midway. Sorry for going AWOL, not replying to everyone's comments and conversations. I will get back on track in a day or two but till then enjoy the update. 

Mira's POV

One week passed away in the blink of an eye. All of us worked endlessly for the preparations of the engagement after our work hours. Our parents had all flown to Jaipur to look after the wedding preparations as they were all able to take a leave from their work easily. They were going to fly back tonight for the engagement and tomorrow we were all going to Jaipur for the last few preparations. The wedding functions would start in 3 days and I was jumping with joy. I hadn't been able to meet Mishti again after the food trial last week but I had spoken to her almost everyday on facetime. She is sweet and funny. 

Weirdly, this entire week Kabir hasn't annoyed me. I guess he's been very busy. Ya he may have been busy, because there is no other reason he would lose a single chance to irritate me. Why am I even thinking about him! God what's wrong with me?

I was pulled out  of my thoughts by Dishu and Sanju. 

'Who's thoughts were you lost in?' Sanju asked with a smirk. I just rolled my eyes. 

'Yours my darling' I replied with a smile, controlling my laughter. She looked shocked for a second but played along with a grin. 

'Aww babe, I am so happy you love me too. But right now we don't have time to discuss this. We can have all our lovey dovey time later tonight' she said and both of us burst out laughing unable to control ourselves. 

'Oof, enough both of you. Chalo chalo(A/N- Let's go), quick otherwise Abhay will taunt us for being late as always' Dishi said dragging us out along with her. We kept laughing but followed her as she furiously glared at us for wasting time when we were supposed to be hurrying. Oh I completely forgot to tell you the reason we were hurrying right. We forgot that we were supposed to go to a parlor to get ready and mom called to check whether the lady was done with the hair and makeup. So now we were hurrying as we didn't want to get caught and scolded. 

We quickly got in the car and Abhay dropped us off and left us but not before telling us to call him when we were done. We ran inside and settled down on the seats. 

'Didi, please jaldi jaldi kardo, jo bhi sabse jaldi hoga' Dishi said. They started working and we continued talking. Just then Advika, Jai's younger sister called me. 

'Hey Advi' I said. 

'Di where are you? Bhai is panicking yaar, he's not listening to anyone. Ma has gone out to get ready finally, I don't want to stress her can you come asap?' she asked. 

'Advi, don't worry I'll come in 10 minutes and set him straight but are you ready?' I asked realizing that she may not have had the time to get ready with her drama queen of a brother. 

'No di, but I'll go as soon as you come. I don't want to risk bhai running away because of panic' she said.

'Okay, I'll come in 10. The lady just finished with the hair' I replied before ending the call. I told Dishi and Sanju about it and then left them there to get ready peacefully. 

I got to his place and told Advi to leave for the parlor quickly before I rushed up to Jai's room. I knocked on the door. At first he didn't open the door, but after I persistently knocked he did open. He looked surprised to see me but I pushed the door completely and got in. I settled on the bed comfortably, well as comfortably as I could in my attire, and then waited patiently knowing that it would only take a few seconds before he opened up on his own. 

'Miru I am scared. What if I am not good enough for her? What if things don't go well and she feels like she made a mistake? What if we realize that we are too different? What if she hates that I don't clean the room? What if she wants a husband who can cook, you know the only thing I can do in the kitchen is burn toast and boil water. What do I do? Should I run away? Should I-' I cut him off there. 

'Bhai don't you think you're panicking and overthinking a bit too much. She loves you and you love her right? Cause if you don't then I promise I will help you run away. We can ask Krishi masi too, she has experience' I said, knowing very well that he loves Mishti too much to run away from her. 

'I love her' he said calming down a little. 

'And she does too, so she knows all your horrible traits and still loves you right? Why would she start hating them all of a sudden after your marriage. Don't worry bhai, she won't regret marrying you. As irritating as you can be, I know that you love her and she will be very very happy with you. You take so much care of all of us and I know you will take even more care of her, she may fight with you for being too affectionate though' I said chuckling at the end. My words seemed to calm him down. 

'Now go and wear your sherwani or I'll have to call her and tell her that you are not ready to get engaged today' I threatened and he quickly got in the walk in wardrobe to get ready. He got ready and we started playing videogames waiting for someone to come pick us up.  

'JAI ARAV SHAH' 'MIRA SIDDARTH AHUJA'  We heard two voices shout. We turned around to see our fathers.

'Why were neither of you picking the call?' Dad asked and then noticed the video game. 

'When will you'll grow up?' he asked. 

'Never' 

'Never' We replied earning an eyeroll from him. 

'It is your engagement, you remember that right?' Uncle asked him with a raised eyebrow. Both us looked down sheepishly realizing that we forgot about our surroundings while playing. 

'Let's go quickly now before everyone thinks that you've run away' he said. We nodded and followed them. That's when uncle remembered one other thing that we had to pick up. Papa suggested that he and I do it while they head to the venue. Uncle agreed and headed out with Jai while I got in walked to Papa's car with him. 

'Princess don't do such a thing again, you have to pick your phone when I call you. I was so worried that something had happened' he said softly. 

I just hugged him and he held me close to him. He kissed my forehead and then opened my door before getting to the other side and asking the driver uncle to go to the sweet shop where we had to collect some stuff from.  We collected everything and got to the venue in half an hour. 

As we got off I noticed someone I didn't expect to be here. Kabir Rathore. Damn, Rathore, how did I not make this connection. Rathore and Rathore was his family's business too. Shit. 

👆 Mira's look for the engagement

Hey guys, I hope you liked this update. I really hope you'll can forgive me for not updating regularly. How are all of you? 

I am going to update more regularly now as I mentioned at the beginning. So please do look out for the updates.

But anyways, if you liked the chapter, please do vote, comment and share. Your comments mean the world to me.

Stay safe and take care

Love you guys!!!