CHAPTER 10

Hey guys!!!!! I hope ya'll will like this update

Mira POV

The rest of the mehendi function passed by in a flash, with all of us youngsters spending time together. After Kabir fed me dinner, all my friends joined Rishi, Kabir and me. They looked at me with sly smirks when Kabir asked me if I wanted to eat anything. I just rolled my eyes and ignored all of them.

Following that, all of us talked about just about everything in the world. Kabir and Rishi fit in perfectly with our group. It was just like the old times. I caught myself looking at Kabir more then what would be considered appropriate for someone who apparently hated him.  At one point he seemed to notice my gaze coz he looked back at me and smiled. I just turned away immediately, embarrassed at being caught. Oh god! Why did this have to happen with me only.

Anyways, after the ceremony, everyone finally headed to their rooms, tired after the long day. I quickly headed to my room and changed into more comfortable clothes. Just as I was trying to figure out how I would carry the huge pile of papers to the library, there was a knock on the door. Kabir. He really did know me better then I knew myself.

I opened the door only to see him leaning against the door frame in his grey tracks and black fitting shirt. How could someone look so good even in the most basic clothes. I just shook my head berating myself for thinking like that.

"Well, are you gonna move so that I can get the files or are you gonna keep ogling me. Not that I mind" he said with his usual smirk. I just quietly moved to the side and followed him to my room. We quietly packed and organized everything in sync, not having to discuss anything.

We headed to the library and settled down, ready for a long night. We sat in complete silence with the soft sounds of the pen nib scratching against the paper and pages being flipped.

After about 2 hours, Kabir started tapping his feet. It was a clear sign that he was getting restless. Maybe we could take a short break.

"Mia, can we take a break" he asked with a pout and I just couldn't help but agree looking at the cute face he made.But as soon his words registered in my head I froze. Mia.

"What did you just say?" I asked again to ensure that I had heard it correctly. He looked at me in a confused manner before a look of realisation crossed his face.

"Can we just take a break" he asked again this time ignoring that he called me Mia.

"Why did you call me that?" I asked seriously. He can't just go back to pretending that everything didn't happen.

"I guess old habits die hard" he said slowly as if he was pacifying a little child who was going to throw a temper tantrum.

"We'll don't call me that. I hate it" I said curtly.

"I remember you loving the name earlier" he replied sadly.

"But that was then. Before everything" I argued.

"Can we please go back. I am really sorry for everything I did. What can I do to fix it?" He asked.

"How are you going to heal all my wounds? How are you going to make me forget all the humiliation I had to face? How are you going to go back? And the next time some other girl walks in the same cycle will repeat all over again. No thank you." I said in one breath, getting agitated now.

"I will try my best, even if it takes the rest of my life to heal the wounds and to make you forget. I want to fill your life with happy incidents that completely makes you forget the past. You were and you are my best friend, my rock. I am sorry I didn't trust you over that girl then. I knew in my heart that you were right, but she was my first girlfriend and I just wanted it to work. So I put all the blame on you. I know you weren't a liar, and I definitely know you weren't telling me about her cheating on me with a motive. I was just shocked when you told me and I reacted horribly. I'm sorry for blaming you and calling you selfish, you are the most selfless person in the whole world. Please, just please give me one chance to show you how much I miss you in my life and how much I have matured" he begged, falling to his knees and sobbing at this point. I knew that he was sincerely sorry. He was one of the people who never cried, I could see how much he repented his mistake and honestly I'd seen how much he'd changed these last few months.

Looking at him cry like that, I just couldn't help myself, I hugged him. He tightened his hold around me and kept crying. After a while he finally stopped.

"Please Mia, just give me a chance" he whispered.

"Mess up once more and this time I'll let dad feed you to his tigers" I said trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"I swear I won't. I'm not perfect but I'll try my best. Pinky Promise" he said and I just nodded still comfortable in his hold. We stayed like that for a bit before I finally pulled away realising that we had a lot of work pending.

We got back to work, the atmosphere now a lot lighter. It was easier to work together now, there was no elephant in the room. We continued with work, he kept cracking jokes here and there. He was back to his normal self and I hoped he always remained this happy in life.

"I will be, if you just stay with me" he said softly with a genuine smile that stole my heart.

"Chalo madam, work done na now. Get some sleep or you'll have dark circles tomorrow and then shout at me" I tiredly nodded and walked out of the library. He walked me to my room before heading to his. That night I had the most peaceful sleep I've had in a while.

Hey guys, I hope you'll liked this update. I've written it on my phone so please ignore the errors.

If you'll liked the update, please do vote, comment and share. Your comments make my day.

Love you guys!!!