CHAPTER 12

Hey guys, I hope you like this chapter. Dive in!

Mira's POV

'Thank you for standing up for di, bhai' he said.

'I will always stand by her. I didn't support her once, and I realized how much of an idiot I was. I will never repeat the same thing. I can't live without her in my life. It's too boring without someone to argue with all the time' he said.

'Bhai, can I ask you something?' Mihir asked.

'Ya sure, go ahead' Kabir replied.

'Do you love my di?' Mihir asked a little hesitantly. There was a pregnant pause and I held my breath. Just then I heard some footsteps and moved away from the door so that I wouldn't get caught eavesdropping. It was Rishi. He smiled at me before walking upto Kabir's door and pushing it wide open. He gestured for me to walk in like a true gentleman. I walked in and he followed me to the living room where Mihir and Kabir were now watching a cricket match. Damn Rishi and his timing. I guess I missed that part of their conversation. Anyways, I know his answer and it doesn't really matter to me. But it does!

'Mihir what are you doing here?' I asked with a raised eyebrow.

'Woh actually di...di I...' he stammered around trying to think of an excuse. Wait wait, before you think of him as a saint I'll let you know, he's really good at lyin to get out of situations. It's just that I'm his elder sister and have known him all my life so he can't lie to me.

'Arey, why you interrogating the poor guy. The cricket match was on and I know he's a huge cricket buff just like me so I invited him to watch with me. I clearly forgot about the fact that we have to work' Kabir interrupted, saving Mihir.

'I see, well do you mind if we work now. We still have a lot of work remaining and I'd prefer not pulling another all-nighter' I said.

'Sure, sorry Mihir. We'll definitely watch the match together another time' Kabir said and Mihir nodded give Kabir a bro hug and me a kiss on my forehead before heading out of the room.

'Well, even I'd come for timepass but if y'all are working I'll come back later' he said with a nod as he headed out of the room.

'Guess its just us, let's get to work Mia' he said. I nodded, getting serious. We settled down in the living room with our respective files. We worked for a few hours with one five minute forced break where Mihir got us coffee. My brother can be a cutie sometimes. 

'Mia I think I found something' he said finally. We'd been searching for a certain case law for hours but found nothing. I was gonna lose hope at this point. I quickly settled down beside him and he showed me the file. I carefully read it over. Every detail we needed seemed to fit. The ruling was in our favor too. Oh my god!!!!! Finally!!!!

'Yaaayy, finally!!!!' I said hugging Kabir tightly. He didn't respond at first and I was gonna pull back when he wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me back. We stayed there for sometime, exhausted with all the research work and peaceful where we were. Can you guess what happened next? 

'Mira Siddarth Ahuja' Papa said. Oh god, why does this always happen. We immediately jumped apart to see my mother amused and my father furious. Dad marched up to Kabir and punched him. Yes, he punched Kabir. My mother ran upto him and pulled him away. I pulled Kabir closer and checked his face for any major injuries. His face was already bruising up. Papa is a strong man. 

'Papa why did you just do that?' I asked him furiously. 

'Wow, he's the one that hurts you and I'm the one getting this tone' he said angrily. 

'Papa, no matter what, you shouldn't have hit him' I said. Kabir was still in a bit of a daze. I walked over to the freezer and got out some ice, putting it on his face slowly. He hissed pulling away because of the cold. I got a handkerchief from his bag and put the ice cubes in the cloth and handed it to him before turning back to my father. His anger seemed to have cooled down a little. His hands were no longer fisted and he wasn't looking at Kabir like an angry bull waiting to pounce, though he still had a light glare. 

'He keeps hurting you, I don't want him to hurt you again. Plus I know the effect this boy has on you. I just can't see you breaking down like you did at that point because of this boy. Princess, I can give you whatever you ask for, but when you cry I feel helpless, coz all I can do is be there for you. I can't fix the problem. The most I've seen you cry is for him and because of him. I'm scared every time you're around him' Papa told me softly, ignoring the fact that Kabir was there and listening to all of this. 

'Papa, I love you and I get your concern. I know what happened last time, there is no way that will ever happen again. I promise. I may have forgiven him, but I haven't forgotten. You only taught me that second chances are very important in life. If you'd not given Krishi masi a second chance, then our family would have been divided right now. I'm just giving him a second chance and I'm not giving him the position he had earlier. If he wants that again, he will have to earn it' I said, ending on a firm tone, directed more to Kabir than Papa. Papa nodded after sometime. 

'FINE. I will take some time to accept that he is back in your life' he said with a lot of difficulty, gritting his teeth as he did. Well, he'll get used to it. 

'Are y'all dating or something?' Mom asked casually. Papa chocked but looked at us very seriously. 

'No maaaaa' I replied, groaning at how embarrassing this whole convo was getting in front of Kabir. 

'Well then why were you hugging when we came in?' she asked with a smirk. 

'We found the precedence we were looking for after two days and were very excited. Then we were just exhausted so we stayed there' I explained honestly. 

'I see' Papa said. 

'Well, now I really need to go to the washroom, can you both just sit, I'll be back in a minute' I said walking to the washroom. As a thought struck me I turned around. 

'Papa, hands to yourself. No PDA and NO HITTING KABIR' I commanded and he nodded liked a little child. What I didn't know was that in the two minutes that I went to the washroom, something monumental happened. 

Hey guys, Happy Diwali. I hope all of you are having a happy Diwali with your loved ones. I'm definitely having one of my best Diwalis. 

This is probably one of my last Diwalis with my family for the next few years, so I'm spending all my time with my family. What about you guys? What are you doing this Diwali? How do you celebrate it? 

I hope you liked this update. If you did, please do vote, comment and share. Your comments make my day. 

Love you guys!!!