CHAPTER 3

Hey guys, hope you'll like the update. Dive in!

Mira's POV

I got to office and the day passed quite peacefully except for lunch. I was lightly humming a tune and heading to the cafeteria happy about how the day had gone so far. I opened my tiffin to see mom's special paneer (cottage cheese) veggie and grinned. Sanju smiled looking at it too. It was one of mom's best dishes and everyone in the family loved it. 

I was just about to have a bite of it when I was disturbed by someone sitting down next to me. 

'Hey Ahuja, hi Sanjana' he said. I rolled my eyes knowing exactly who it was.

'What now Rathore?' I asked him groaning.

'Don't have a cow Ahuja, I just came over for some advice' he told us.

'And what sort of advice?' I asked irritated at his intrusion.

'I have these shoes, I am not sure if I should throw away or not, can you help me decide?' he asked.

'Why should I give you any advice, am not your girlfriend, hell I am not even your friend' I told him.

'Oww you hurt me, ofcourse we are friends. And I always knew you were bitter cause you wanted to be my girlfriend' he said winking. I groaned at his assumptions and his behaviour.

'Oh shut up' I told him.

'No need to be shy Ahuja, I know that I am a very charming man. I have been told so by a lot of women. I like you but you'll have to join the cue' he said arrogantly smirking.

'Oh heavens, please help me. I am NOT interested Rathore. God save the girl that marries you' I said. I realized that I would have to change the topic or he would keep bugging me.

'You wanted me to check your shoes right, show me' I said giving up on arguing with him.

'Ahh yes, here' he said handing me a box. I opened it to see a cockroach inside.

'Ahhhh' I shouted throwing the box away and hugging him without thinking. A few seconds later I realized what I had done. I noticed him smirking.

'See Ahuja, you're just helping me prove my point. I get that you like me, but you don't need to pounce on me. And if you wanted a hug you should have just asked' he said, grinning like a cheshire cat. Looking at his smile I realized something. I hit him hard on his arm.

'Ouch are you crazy woman' he whined as he rubbed his arm as I caught him by surprise.

'You put it there on purpose' I accused.

'And why would you think that?' he asked raising his eyebrow.

'How else did it get there?' I asked rhetorically.

'With its legs I believe. Come on Mira, I know your science was weak, I didn't know it was this weak' he teased.

'Oh please, I was better then you at science so don't you dare talk about it' I retorted.

'Even physics?' he said raising his perfect brow challenging me.

'Urg fine, other then physics' I agreed. Physics was always my weakest subject at school. I remember the number of times he had helped me understand concepts.

'Better' he said.

'Now was there a reason other then your stupid prank that you disturbed my dear meal?' I asked remembering the situation as my stomach rumbled.

'Oh no, and I want aunty's paneer sabzi' he said as he walked over to the washroom. He probably went there to throw the cockroach away. I turned back to my table to notice Sanju there. Shit! I completely forgot her while arguing with that idiot. She was looking at me with a very creepy smile. One that would make little children cry and lead adults to believe that you belong in a mental hospital.