Ch. 18: Sick day

*3rd pov*

It's a rainy day in the kingdom.

There was a very rough storm last night.

Everything is cold and wet...

Mud paints the streets while some colourful figures run along.

The rain drops hit the windows, making wonderful melodies of tapping.

"ACHOO!... Ugh... Damnit."

The peaceful sound gets interrupted by a familiar voice.

Sabre lays in his bed with a big headache.

"uuugh... I should not have stayed out in the rain for that long... *cough cough*..." sabre groans as he sits up in his bed.

He feels weak at the moment and has problems standing up.

He slowly makes his way downstairs, using the wall as a walking support.

He makes it downstairs when a huge pain stings into his head, As a continuous ringing stays in his ears.

" argh... Damnit! I'm dizzy... Come on... I..." he says to himself while grabbing some water and putting it in the furnace.

Sabre sighs to himself and walks over to the table to sit down.

Just as he's about to sit down he hears the Doorbell ring.

>RING RING<

"... Comng... co-coMING!... " he calls to the door and makes his way over.

He opens the door and tries his best to ignore the headache.

"hello... H- oh... Hi green...eh-YOUR ALL WET! YOU'RE GONNA GET SICK. GET INSIDE!..." sabre stresses and drags his wet friend inside.

"hey sabre! How... Am I supposed to get sick from water...?" green steve asks his slow friend.

"sick... Do y'all not get colds...?" the figure in the chicken Pyjama asks.

"no... What's that?" the nature steve asks again.

"I'll just give you the words of Google... 'The common cold is a viral infection of your nose and throat. It's usually harmless, although it might not feel that way. Many types of viruses can cause a common cold.' so yeah. I mostly get colds when I stay out in the rain and it's cold outside... " sabre answers and sits back down holding his face in his hands.   

" oh... Huh...  We don't get sick from weather... But steves do get sick from expired food. "green explains while sabre sighs.

*green beans pov :) *

Sabres acting strange...

He seems tired...

What's he even doing...?

" hey sabre...? Did you... Put something in your furnace? " I asks looking at the unlit furnace.

" hm...? Yeah... Water..." sabre mumbles while still keeping his head in his hands.

Shouldn't there be fire in there?

"uh... You want me to light a fire for you?" I asks already realizing somethings wrong.

"huh...? Did I not...? Oh... Yeah... Please turn it on." sabre mumbles.

He's so quiet. OK.

Somethings wrong.

I'm gonna find out what it is.

But first I'll turn on the furnace.

I light the stone structure and then go to the cabinet to go grab one of those teabags...