Ch. 29: Date And Aftermath

*3rd pov*

A green figure is putting down the last things needed in the yellow districts park.

He sighs to himself and then mysteriously disappears in a mist of purple particles.

After a few minutes of walking it was already getting pretty dark.

It's now half past six as a blue and indigo steve reach the park.

There's a faint glow of glow berries in the tree and everything is beautifully decorated with purple, indigo and blue flowers.

And just as blue had hoped, his painting is standing next to the picnic covered by a thin cloth veil.

Together the two steves sit down on the blanket.

The whole area is dimmly lit by glow lichen and glow berries.

There's some lanterns here and there and the pond is reflecting the light in it's small waves.

"this is gorgeous blue Steve, you really plan this all for me?" indigo asks looking at the area around him in awe.

"uh well... I had some help but... Yeah... Let's eat our Desserts first." blue suggests as he grabs the basket and takes out some pumpkin pie.

"oooo~ pumpkin pie :)" indigo coes as he takes a bite of the pie.

They eat some more of the desserts and blue steve gets surprised by just how sweet the cookies are.

"oof, goodness that is sweet-"

"hehe-not as sweet as you ;>" indigo jokes with a smirk.

Blue almost chokes on the pastry.

"hpfh *cough* Hey-! That's my line-" blue says with his face completely purple.

"hehe what? Sorry, I thought you were a blue steve, not a purple steve" indigo says with a small laugh.

"what is this?! A role swap???" blue laughs.

They joke and laugh more as blue seems to get anxious about something.

"okay... Um... Indigo I... I gotta tell you something..." blue stutters as he gets up.

" oh? What is it? " indigo asks while finishing his cookie.

Blue walks over to the covered canvas.

"... Just um... Come here. " blue says, unsure of his decision.

The indigo leader gets up and walks over to his date.

"okay... So... Indigo..." blue starts unsure of his words.

'Damnit! Come on blue!!! You practiced this! Just say it.' the blue figure thinks to himself, mentally slapping himself.

"i-... E-ever since I've known you-... Something about you-... It eh..." blue stutters and gets lost in his words.

"hey, it's okay blue" indigo says with a smile.

Blue just smiles, and takes down the veil over the painting, revealing his creation.

"i made this for you, since you love art so much... I thought I would make some art just for you" blue says as he waits to see Indigos reaction.

Blue watches in silence as several different emotions wash over Indigos face one after another.

"I- blue-..." indigo starts.

"you... You don't have to keep it if you don't want it." blue says with a bit of a let down tone.