Situations

I walk around the desk to Mobius, who moves out of the way so I can get to the computer, "you're gonna start taking things seriously." Loki groans, "if you hadn't picked up the Tesseract, you would have been taken to an Asgardian prison cell." I bring up the next video, showing Loki walking in chains.

A woman to his left, dressed in blue and gold robes, speaks to him, "Loki."

The alternative Loki smiles at the woman, "hello, mother. Have I made you proud?"

"Please, don't make this worse."

"What is this," our current Loki shakes his head, "this is nonsense, more tricks. This never even happened."

"No," I shake my head, "but it was going to. Look, we don't know just your past, we know your whole life. Exactly how it was meant to be."

"Think of it as comforting," Mobius nods.

"This is absurd," Loki looks down.

Then the woman on the video speaks again, "and am I not your mother?"

The alternative Loki scoffs, "you're not."

"Hmm. Always so perceptive about everyone but yourself."

I take a deep breath, "and then the Dark Elves attack the palace, and when you think you're sending them to Thor..."

The other Loki smirks, "you might wanna try the stairs to the left."

"But instead you send them..." Mobius shakes his head.

We watch as Loki's mother, Frigga, is killed by the Dark Elves. Loki's breathing becomes shaky, "where do you have her? Where is she?"

"You lead them right to her."

"I don't believe you. You're lying. It's not true."

"It is true. That's the proper flow of time," Mobius points at Loki. "And it happens again and again and again because it's supposed to, because it has to. The TVA makes sure of it."

"Where is she?" Loki looks to me, with what could almost be tears in his eyes.

"Now why don't you tell us, do you enjoy hurting people?"

"I don't believe you."

"Do you enjoy killing?"

"I'll kill you."

"Like you did your mother?" As Mobius makes this comment Loki picks up the chair he had once been sitting in and throws it at him. I don't even try to stop him, honestly after that comment he deserves a chair thrown at him. Loki charges at Mobius, but Mobius skips him back to his stop and Loki falls on his ass.

"Sorry," I inhale sharply, knowing that probably hurt a bit, "the Time Twister just loops you, not the furniture."

"You weren't born to be a king, Loki. You were born to cause pain and suffering and death. That's how it is, that's how it was, that's how it will be. All so that others can achieve their best versions of themselves."

Loki just sits there and shakes his head, trying not to listen to Mobius, "what is this place?"

Eventually, Mobius walks over to Loki, offering a hand to help him up, "come on."

Loki accepts his hand and gets up. When Loki is on his feet, B-15 comes into the room, "what are you doing?"

"Our job," Mobius shrugs, "is it yours to interrupt?"

"We have a situation."

Mobius sighs, "there's always a situation." He points at Loki, "don't go anywhere." As we walk out of the room, Mobius begins to rant a bit about us leaving, "it was just getting good. Spirited."