Epilogue

Chapter 27 - Epilogue

~3 months later~

"Morgan, do you need more of those print marketing materials for Sterling?"

Morgan glanced up from her computer to see her coworker Jillian walking toward her desk, sorting through several pamphlets and brochures in her hands. The Noble Marketing offices were a wide, modern-looking open space with people's desks scattered about in a random formation, and there were no cubicles around any desks so the place didn't feel stuffy and closed-off. Morgan's desk was near one of the large windows along the north side of the office, bathing her area in natural sunlight. It definitely wasn't like her office back at Lawrence & Starling, but she honestly liked this better.

Morgan now picked up the small stack of pamphlets beside her computer and showed them to Jillian, smiling. "Got them right here. And I just sent an email to Rory about our next steps with the email marketing campaign, so we're all good on that front."

Jillian smiled widely, looking impressed at her initiative. "That's great, Morgan! I'm happy to hear you're on top of it all - let me know if you need anything else."

"Will do."

Jillian was a sweet woman in her forties, and had basically taken Morgan under her wing here at Noble Marketing. Morgan honestly liked all of her coworkers, but with Jillian she seemed to have developed a special bond. It wasn't the same as her work friendship with Stephanie, but it was definitely nice to have here, especially since she was the newest member of the Noble team.

Morgan checked the time, noticing with a smile that it was half past four. The fact that it was Friday made her even happier - it didn't matter how much she enjoyed her new job, the prospect of the weekend never failed to put her in a good mood. And she was made even happier at the fact her brother and Jess were coming over for dinner tonight, meaning Marcus was going to pick her up from work today.

My fiancé.

Morgan couldn't help but smile to herself as she thought about him. Marcus was, quite simply, the best thing to have ever happened to her, and she thanked God everyday that she had accepted his proposal three months ago. Since then, the two of them had been practically inseparable: every night, Morgan stayed over at Marcus's apartment, bringing over a few of her belongings every time. Marcus suggested she just move in, considering the fact that they were engaged now; initially, Morgan had been hesitant since she knew her lease wouldn't be up for another six months or so, and she also wasn't sure if she and Marcus wanted them to keep living in this apartment once they were married. Thankfully, Marcus was open to the idea of putting an offer in on a house before the wedding, and Morgan was thrilled at that idea. The two of them immediately began searching for their future home, and if everything went according to plan, they'd be moved in together by the summer.

Of course, Marcus's family was over the moon when they heard the good news. Jun practically shrieked with joy for a full five minutes over their FaceTime call before breaking out in happy sobs, saying how delighted she was that her son was finally getting married, and to such a wonderful young woman at that. Haru and Tish were also thrilled for the two of them, and sincerely congratulated the happy couple, though in a manner much less exuberant than Jun. 

After their call, Morgan jokingly suggested to Marcus that he only proposed to her in order to make his mother happy, and Marcus laughed.

"She is happy I proposed," he had conceded, putting his arm around Morgan and gazing lovingly into her eyes. "But I promise we will be happier."

And Morgan knew they would be.

People now began filtering out of the office, saying goodbye to Morgan and wishing her a good weekend. Morgan said goodbye to all of them, finishing up checking her emails before logging off and packing up for the day. Just as well, too, since she just received a text from Marcus.