※{A Carefree Melody}※

"Lady Emor, my knight must have reached the palace gates by this moment

"Lady Emor, my knight must have reached the palace gates by this moment. May we raise the Imperial flag?"

"Yes Sir Cornell you may. I would like you to do the honors of bearing it and lead the formation from here on."

"But My Lady how can I-"

"You are the official commander-in-charge of the knights. The honor is reserved for the title and a protocol that we highly respect. Please lead your knights commander."

"My pleasure Your Grace" bowed Sir Cornell as he paced his horse and moved ahead of Emmeline who had slowed down for the takeover. He reached for the Great Imperial flag placed in a silk bag tied round the withers of his horse and placed it on the short pole that was then joined to the specific hook at the side of saddle.

Raising the Imperial flag was customary for nobles visiting the capitals or main castles within the borders of the Empire, such as the Main Castle of Norwich. This gesture though mainly symbolic, indicated two things. It is a courteous first greeting when arriving at the Castle and secondly it also meant that the entourage acknowledges the Emperor and His representative the Duke. A deep azure silk cloth, engraved in gold with the phrase "Vivat Rex et Imperium" below the engravings of a Lion and the Aster flower; the flag and the related customs to it were very specific to the Imperial Empire. 

To lead your command bearing the flag was considered the highest of honors and was not only reserved for the commander of the entourage but was also their right and symbolized respect of the ones under their leadership. Emmeline being the Heiress of a reputed house is higher in her status as a noble and having Sir Cornell bear the flag will not put her image under question for the knights, however if she were to bear the flag herself, it could appear as her challenging the commander's rank and therefore putting his competency in question.

"Lady Emmeline of the House of Emor, now entering the Castle!"

The guards announced in their well versed manners as the gates opened for the group to enter. Duchess Margaret was eagerly waiting for her daughter by the gates of the inner palace. Beside her stood Lord Arthur, younger half sibling to Emmeline.

As Emmeline mounted off Atticus, she was immediately pulled into an embrace by the Duchess.

"Greetings mother, I am really relieved to see you in sound health." Emmeline whispered as she returned the embrace.

"It has been more than a year since I could hold you sweetheart. Must you always be so harsh on me?"

"Forgive me mother, I am bound by the responsibilities of my people and the land."

Duchess cherished her daughter with all her heart; ever since Emmeline started receiving formal military training and was appointed as the Lady of Arundane Castle about four years ago; Duchess Margaret moved to live in the Central Castle with the Archduke. With this, their interactions became less and lesser.