※{Far but not Distant}※

"Prepare the tea room Melissa; I am due to meet with the Duchess in an hour."

Receiving Lady Emor's orders Melissa nodded and went ahead to follow the instructions while Emmeline sat down at her study and looked through her documents. 

The morning session court had ended for the day and there were no evening discussions to be held later as it was Saturday. Emmeline was drafting a new policy alongside the tax bill, which was to be implemented for the health sector of Norwich. Diseases had gone rampant due to the negligence of the court towards the farmers who grew the necessary medicinal herbs that were to be used for appropriate medicine production. Since the farmers, due to lingering poverty decided to switch their yields to a crop that would fetch them more money and increase the value of their most precious possession, their lands: There was a lack of medicine in Norwich and since the diseases were not being treated in time, they easily spread and about a quarter of the population is infected with a certain diseases at any given time. She was framing a new proposal that would assist the farmers to grow the medicinal herbs at a good price and instead of the medicines being produced by private businesses, The House would personally get involved to provide economic value and  assurance of fair prices for the produced medicines. This would battle the two main roots of Norwich's weakened state, simultaneously; Poverty and Disease.

"Your Highness, Her Grace the Duchess has arrived and is waiting for you in the tea parlour." An attendant informed her. She looked over the sand clock by her table, "There is still some time, please convey my regards and let her know I will be there at the earliest." To this the attendant bowed and left.

She halted her work and brushed her attire before making her way to the tea parlour along with Melissa.

"Her Grace Lady Emor is here to see Her Highness the Duchess." The attendants outside the chamber announced as per the conduct.

As Emmeline entered the room she saw Duchess Margaret standing by the canapé.

"Please accept my humble greeting Your Highness." Emmeline bowed to her as they smiled at each other. The Duchess nodded in response and gestured Emmeline to take a seat.

"So, in order to see my daughter I have to arrange a formal meeting from now on?"

"I am deeply regretful for not being able to see you more often Your Highness. I will try to make more of an effort."

The Duchess chuckled at her answer for Emmeline had very casually laced it with the sarcasm.

"Lady Emor, I would like you to drop the formal behavior now."

"Pardon me- I believe it would be quite rude of me to do so."

"Em, that's enough. If only you would have come to visit me instead of burying your nose under so much work I wouldn't have to do all this."

"Mother, you sent your message through Austin when you could have relayed it through anybody in this castle. It was intended to make me feel guilty wasn't it? Because you know it very well that hearing the message from him would make it personal while being disguised in formality and as a result I would be obliged into seeing you either because of the formal orders or out of my own guilt." Her pent up frustration saw its way through.

"So you have come because of the orders? Or-"

"Orders. I cannot refuse her Highness the Duchess can I?" Emmeline cut off Margaret's words.

Hearing this Margaret tried to hide her smile knowing well that despite her denials, Emmeline had to come to visit her out of consideration.

Emmeline proceeded to pour the lavender tea in their cups and passed it on to the duchess.