※{Magnétique} ※

The sun was setting already.

"My Lady the Crown Prince's Letter of Arrival reached the gates just now. The Duke has sent for you to be present to escort His Royal Highness."

"I understand Melissa."

Emmeline, followed by Mel walked down the stairs of the room the guests had arrived in for the grand feast.

She wore a dark blue, crystal embroidered dress with a white pearl necklace and a tiara gifted to her by Duchess Margaret herself. For an heiress who was rarely ever seen not wearing her military attire, Emmeline appeared rather glamorous as she walked through the gathering with a slight smile that she had been trained in since her childhood, nodding and acknowledging the greetings; she made her way to the gates of the Inner Castle to join the Duke and the Duchess to welcome the Crown Prince's entourage.

"Welcome You're Royal Highness the Crown Prince Albert. We are deeply honored by your presence here tonight."

"The pleasure is all mine Archduke. I am looking forward to the event."

"Yes of-course My Lord."

Emmeline did a curtsy bow as she glanced over to the Crown Prince. 'I must seek a private audience with him as soon as possible' she thought to herself.

After the formalities were done the official event began. The Duke had prepared for a grand show in the theatre hall. Emmeline decided that the only way for her to speak with the Prince would be during the show therefore she deliberately went up to the Duke to request that he let them have some alone time to 'bond'.

"You have made your choices well Em. You must escort Him to the theatre hall then." 

After receiving the words of approval that she intended to from the Duke she approached the crown prince.

"Greetings Your Highness, I request you to make your way to the theatre hall now. Kindly allow me to guide you."

"Oh Emmeline- Thank you, this is very polite of you." 

"It is nothing much Your Highness." She guided him through the hall towards the theatre room where the performances arranged by the court upon Duke's orders were to begin shortly.

******************************************

The lead musician played a sorrowful tune on the piano as the most renowned actor of the region recited love sonnets from popular poets of the empire. Emmeline waited for the right opportunity to talk with him.

"Lady Emor, I wish to have a word with you." The Crown Prince expressed his thoughts rather awkwardly as if he had been waiting for it just like her.

"Sure Your Highness, please go ahead."

"Oh no, I do not intend to spoil the show for you, maybe if we can talk over a cup of tea after this."

"I will actually appreciate if you speak your mind; as for the show, I cannot say I am enjoying it very much, it is making me rather sleepy."

"I did not want to come across as rude earlier but I will confide that I share the same opinion for the show"

"That is great. Then I believe we can have the talk right this instant." Emmeline tried to pry the information from him so that she can soon put forward her own agenda.

"Please pardon me for I will come across as rather uncivilized however I must let you know of this. I do not want to marry you. I am aware of why I was invited and why my father was so keen on me visiting Norwich"