※{Who do you want to see?}※

"Wake up My Lady; we are nearing the Castle gates"

Melissa lightly tapped my shoulder.

"Ah, yes thank you Mel. I thought I was not tired but the journey surely did exhaust me."

As we entered the Castle, the ambiance seemed different compared to in the morning. I am sure we had fewer guards and knights posted around the gates and on the boundaries of our Castle.

"Austin, do we usually have these many guards posted around by the evening?"

"No My L- I mean Emmeline, His Highness ordered the number of guards and knights be doubled for the special event tomorrow."

"Special event?"

"I suppose it is to celebrate your arrival"

"Alright, I will go see my Father briefly. Mel you can go ahead and prepare my bath."

"Yes My Lady."

Austin appeared eager to accompany me to Father's chambers, however I cannot have him seem too close with me or Father may begin to suspect my only source of reliable information.

"You worked hard Sir Cornell, get a good rest."

"Emmeline! I wish to speak with you if maybe- well if you may feel that- that it is alright, grant me an audience with you."

He stuttered. Is it because he feels guilty of hiding information? Or perhaps he feels betrayed due to my increasingly formal interactions with him. Either way, I must not drag any miscommunication for too long I suppose.

"Find me after the 'special event' if there is such a thing happening. If not, find me at this hour tomorrow."

"Thank you, thank you very much."Austin bowed to me before I turned to make my way to father's room.

"Lady Emor seeks an audience with His Grace Archduke!"

Father's butler announced as I waited outside the grand metallic doors, for his permission.

"Come in my daughter! My goodness what took you so long?"

He appeared rather jolly as I entered the room. Despite his friendly approach, why do I feel anxious? He must have a reason for the sudden change in his demeanor but I am not able to figure it out.

"As usual, you are doing your calculations aren't you my dear Em."

"I am afraid I did not understand your implications Your Highness."

"Oh now come on, you need not be formal in here." he called out to his butler "Robert-I wish to spend time with my daughter. You may wait outside"

At this Robert bowed and left the room along with the other servants.

"Let us talk freely now shall we?" he said as he filled the cup of tea himself and passed it on to my side of the table.

"Oh my! Why are you in rags Em?"

"I went to tour the city in disguise for it has been quite a while."

"Ah the commoner's dear Heiress as usual I see."

No matter how hard I try, I am never able to get to my Father. I never know what he is thinking or what he may do next. The one feeling I can never shake off however is fear. I always fear his intentions, the decisions he might take. He has never laid a finger on me, but every time I do not tread in the shoes he offers me, I lose someone. He has never come clean and I do not have any evidence but every mistake I have made in the last twenty years of the mere twenty two I have lived, he has made me pay with each transaction costing me emotions and the feeling I suppose is called love.