Being sent to hell

Harry Potter walked up the stairs to the headmaster's office after asking to speak with the old wizard. He looked at the wooden door through cracked glasses, a reminder of the fall he had after returning from there with the portkey and the body of a dead friend.

He shuddered at the memory of the graveyard, he shuddered more at the thought of the snake-like dark lord, at the pain he felt when Voldemort pressed on his scar. He shuddered at the feeling of the large cut he had on his arm, healed only 10 minutes ago.

Pushing those thoughts out of his mind, and subconciously covering his lightning bolt scar with his long fringe. His hair had really grown out, it was allmost shoulder length yet it still looked messy no matter what he did with it.

He raised a fist and knocked on the large door quickly and loudly, making sure the sound travelled all the way to Dumbledoor's desk. "Come in" Harry heard through the door. He quickly opened the door, before stepping into the room and closing it behind him, the privacy charm activating to ensure no one could hear anything happening inside.

Sitting at his desk was the headmaster, looking down at a scroll that laid unrolled in front of him. The man looked up at the newest occupant of the room and internally groaned, he knew what was about to be 'discussed'. Hiding his annoyance, he gave his best grandfatherly smile, a twinkle in his eye, though not for the reason Harry thought.

The boy greeted him formally, attempting to butter him up so he could be swayed, little did he know that no matter what he said, Harry Potter would be returning to Privet Drive this summer. "Good morning headmaster, I was hoping I could speak with you about my summer arangements."

The older wizard inwardly scoffed at the faked tone of respect, he knew what a fake tone sounded like, he was a master at this point with how often he manipulated his own students. In particular, he had a lot of practice with the boy in his current prescence.

Despite his inner thoughts, Dumbledore put on a sad smile. "My dear boy," He pretended not to notice how Harry rolled his eyes, "we have spoken on this topic already, I have told you about how the blood wards at your family's home are strong enough to make it the safest place for you. Please understand that I only send you there for your own protection."

Again the boy-who-lived rolled his eyes, aggrevating Albus (not that Harry could tell). "But headmaster, correct me if I'm wrong, but the point of 'protection' is so I don't get hurt." He nodded in agreement at this, not sensing the trap. "Well, the Dursley's abuse me, all the time, I am treated terribly. They HURT me, so how am I 'protected' from getting hurt when they hurt me on their own?"

Dumbledore inwardly cursed and tried to think of a way to get Harry to return to the Dursleys without losing his grandfatherly persona. Seeing no alternative, he went for the easy option. He raised his wand to the boy and mutter "Imperio".

The golden boy's face contorted in shock before getting hit by the curse and deadpanning. Dumbledore sighed, he did not want to have to keep doing this. "You are to go to the Dursleys. You shall forget this conversation and you shall complain to me again. Now leave"

Harry nodded and walked out of the door. Upon reaching the bottom of the staircase, he broke out of his trance, wondering why he was in front of the entrance to the headmaster's office. Shaking his head, he walked towards the Gryffindor tower to finish packing.

He smiled when he reached the room and saw that neither Ron nor Hermione were there. Over the past few days he started to really dislike their company. He kept on wondering how he ever thought of them as friends. 

Ron didn't believe him about putting his name in the goblet, and decided to give him the cold shoulder. Meanwhile, Hermione kept acting like his babysitter simply because she knew a lot. 

No one knew, but Harry used to be very smart, but the combination of the beating when he did better than Dudley (who was REALLY stupid) and the arrogant pride from Hermione wanting to always be the best in class. 

However it was odd, whenever he thought about avoiding them or telling them he didn't want to friends, he just couldn't. No matter how much the pros outweighed the cons, Harry was unable to leave them. Same with Ginny, she clearly liked him and he held no feelings for her whatsoever, yet everyone acted like they were a couple. It enraged him.

Finding himself distracted again, Harry went to his time-wary trunk to ensure that all of his belongings were in there. That was another thing that confused Harry, his parents were apparently rich, he'd seen the gold himself, yet he wasn't allowed to buy anything. He couldn't take out money on his own, someone else always got it for him. 

Scolding himself for getting distracted once again, he left the tower to head to the train. It was a quiet walk, it was rare that he'd get silence as Ron was always yapping about random things that really didn't matter. This time left him to his thoughts, which he was and wasn't happy about. His thoughts were noisy.

He got to the train and looked through the compartment, hoping to find an empty one. He looked in to some of them and noticed something. The Gryffindors were only ever with people in their own house. Slytherins were sometimes with Ravenclaws but usually kept to themselves. And then Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs mixed freely, not caring for house differences.

He saw that there was a compartment with one Slytherin in, she was sitting alone with a book, reading quietly. He went to knock on the door and ask to sit with her, hoping for a silent ride, yet found he couldn't. It was like he was being told not to co-exist with a Slytherin and instead go find a Gryffindor.

He was confused but carried on anyway. He walked down the train and made sure to skip past Hermione (who was looking irritated at something Ron was spouting, probably something about evil Slytherins), and the youngest Weasleys. Eventually he found an empty one. Harry went in and sat down, closing and locking the door behind him to ensure his privacy.

He shut the blind for added privacy and finally relaxed a bit. He went to his extention-charmed bag and took out a book, hoping to get some work done since he would need to catch up after the whole tri-wizard tournament fiasco. 

However, upon opening the book, he found that he couldn't focus on it, no matter how hard he tried, he was simply unable to study, it was quite suspiscious as this never occured before he discovered magic. When he was simply a muggle, he loved reading, both fiction and work.

After giving up on the book, he heard a knock on the door. He heard someone ask to come in since everywhere was full or with people that wouldn't let them in. He didn't care who was behind the door and let them in.

He was pleasently suprised to see Neville and Luna enter, both wearing their Gryffindor and Ravenclaw robes respectively. They greeted him and the 3 had lovely conversations together each enjoying the company of the others.

And that's how his ride continued all the way to kings cross. He arrived and recieved no farewells from any of his 'friends' except a wave from Hermione as she was dragged away by Ron. 

He sighed and walked towards the nearest bus stop, the Dursleys were not going to pick him up so he made his own way back to hell.