A life forgotten

Sirius Black was not a weak willed man, he had seen his fair share of battles as an auror, but it was his home life that hardened him. As a boy, he grew up in an abusive house, with disapproving parents, an elf that hated his guts and many portraits of permanently cross family members.

Or so he thought. The memories flooding into his mind shocked him to his very core. The joy he experienced in the walls of Grimauld place. The days spent running around the house with his brother close behind. 

He remembered the days out with his cousins, all three of the Black sisters having the time of their lives when they went flying, or swimming, or climbing. Later on, he remembered meeting each of their partners.

He remembered how Bellatrix would tell these stories of a diary, and a boy within it. She spoke of his imprisonment in said book, and how he was cursed to be confined to its pages by a very powerful wizard. The sixteen year old boy was a fascination of Bellatrix', so much so that after finishing her OWLs, she worked tirelessy to free him.

Upon his release, the boy was introduced to the Black Family all at once, and they were all instantly approving of the relationship that formed. Tom Riddle told them about his life, just the rough outline. Even that was enough for many of the younger kids, the boy had truly gone through some horrors. 

Sadly, he also heard the stories of what his body was doing while his mind was stuck in a diary. The terror of Voldemort was a story that the elder members of the group told them about. 

He moved on from that memory with a barely repressed shudder. What he saw next in his mind was his cousin Andromeda introducing her boyfriend Ted, to her parents. At first they were... unsupportive of the relationship after finding out he was a muggleborn. 

However, a few hours with the young man had any worries cleared up, he was truly what they wanted in a muggleborn wizard. He took being a part of the wizarding world siriously. By the time he was in his second year, Edward Tonks was more of an expert on Wizarding culture than the muggle studdies teacher was on the very people they taught about.

By far his favourite memory of these moments, however, came next. Narcissa, the girl who had the more class than the queen... in public. In private, Cissy was actually quite the goofball, she loved pranks and running around like a hooligan, yet still had an unbreakable feminine grace. She could fall in a muddy puddle and seem as if she was having a bubble bath.

He remembered the admiration he felt when he heard stories of her constant rejection of Lucius Malfoy, a horrible, greedy, perverted daddy's boy who spent his every waking hour either bullying people or lusting after Narcissa (which was very creepy since she was only 13 while he was 16). 

The best memories of Narcissa, at least the moments she seemed happiest, was when she spent time with her partner. Sirius was very happy to meet them, they were a fascinating, easy going Ravenclaw with a particular skill at reading, but not in the way you'd expect. They could simply look at a person and deduce their entire life story, yet even with this ability, their fascination was always on the stars. 

They loved astronomy to the point of obtaining a mastery, and later becoming the Astronomy teacher of Hogwarts. He himself had lots of pleasant memories of his time spent with Aurora Sinistra, both with and without his cousin there.

He found that he quite liked these memories, that stopped however when he reached his memory of recieving his Hogwarts letter. It was odd, it seemed that as soon as he picked it up, he changed. The second the parchment touched his hand, a feeling of unease grew inside him, like the very walls were trying to eat him alive.

It was this moment that Sirius reviewed with his new knowledge and realised that he had been doused in potions linked to the letter. Not wanting to think on this any longer, the man forced himself to wake up.

Sirius groggily opened his eyes, unprepared for Nymphadora's face right up in his. He (most definitely did not) released a squeek, and near fell off the bed he was lying on.

He slowly came to his senses hearing the loud laughter of not only Nymphadora, but Adromeda as well. The Tonks' women were in endless fits of giggles until they eventually fizzled out.

They sobered up and the entire atmosphere was suddenly tense. Andromeda hesitantly asked, "So what do you remember?"

He took a deep breath before answering, "Everything."

Just as Andromeda was about to speak again, the door slowly opened and they all looked towards it.