Lordships reveal lies

Harry had been staying at the Leaky Cauldron for around a month, and he had noticed a few things. For one, he actually recieved mail, it was new since he had never had any mail during the summer in the past, the only letters he recieved were from Hogwarts.

However, over the past month, Harry had recieved letters from Neville, Luna, Hermione, Sirius, Remus, the twins, and even fanmail. Safe to say, Harry began to grow suspicious of the wards around the Dursley residence, it became clear that something was blocking his letters, and his best guess was Dumbledore.

Harry had spent a lot of time owling the twins (making sure no one knew they were messaging). He had asked about their plans for their joke shop, and upon hearing their full plan, Harry put forth a large contribution, making him a partner instead of an investor. He gave so much that he was the 50% owner, however he then 'renegotiated' so the twins had 75%, he had 20% and Luna had 5%. He wanted to ensure that if something were to happen, there was someone to take over.

Harry had been having a great time exchanging letters with his sister, and he had even finally gotten Neville to agree to meet up with the two of them. Harry had invited them both since Neville was free soon after as it was Nev's birthday.

They had a great time and Harry got him a special book on rare plants since Neville had always been a great herbologist. The best gift he got, however, was when the golden boy and the little moon had worked together to get Nev a new wand. When they explained to Neville why his magic wasn't very good- the fact that he was using his father's wand, which didn't choose him- he understood and they all got him a new one from Ollivanders.

As soon as he picked up his wand, he visibly gained confidence, he stood up straighter and he looked less nervous. The boy's smile was huge, and with his new found confidence, he decided to test out his magic with a particularly difficult bit of charm work. It was beautiful, he made little fireworks come out his wand and they danced around Luna, she always liked sparkles. She smiled and laughed at them with pure joy shining in her eyes.

Harry discretely nudged Neville with neither looking away from their little sister dancing with happiness. "I believe we both agree? We may be peaceful guys, but if someone ever tries to hurt her... let's just say that when we're done with them, Azkaban is going to look like a 5 star resort." Neville made no sign of discomfort, instead he adopted a serious expression on his face and nodded curtly.

After that they went to the twins' shop to see what Harry's money had done for them. Simply put, it was well spent. The joke shop was amazing, with loads of different gadgets and gismos and random thingamabobs. He did have to hide at one point when he saw Ginny, Ron, and Hermione enter the shop. He had told the twins, Neville and Luna about his thoughts on Dumbledore, and the three weasles (obviously with no offense to the ones that he saw as family). They all agreed that it was weird so they helped Harry hide from the trio, much to his graditude.

He had told them of his plans to create a third side to the war, the 'neutral' side sounded weird to them so they decided to call it the 'magic' side. The side that would fight for the preservation of magic and the wizarding world. They all agreed to join him, and all agreed that he would be their leader (although he didn't actually want to be a solitary leader so he agreed on a council).

It was the next day that the big change happened. The one act that would change the wizarding world forever. The act that would give the 'magic side' it's chance in the war. And that act... was a letter.

Harry woke up on his fifteenth birthday in room 14 of the Leaky Cauldron. When he looked around, he thought he was seeing double when there were two owl shaped figures at the end of his bed instead of one. Though when he reached for his glasses and put them on, he clearly saw a charcoal black owl sitting perched next to Hedwig with a letter in its mouth.