Ninety-three

"You could've asked them to stay," Sirius says, and his words are muffled as they sink into Remus' jumper. He's come up behind Remus and presses his face into Remus' shoulder. They're staring at the empty fireplace after Hope and Lyall have left.

"It's okay," Remus smiles a little at the feel of Sirius against his back. "My father needs to go to work anyway," he turns around to put his arm around Sirius, holding in a wince as his back flares up in pain.

"Your dad works?"

"No, my parents just survive with no money," Remus says flatly.

Sirius wriggles free of Remus' grip, face pulled into a sweet little moue. He puffs his cheeks as his lips press together, and Remus can't tell if he's trying to look angry or cute.

He squeezes Sirius' pale cheek.

"Stop," Sirius groans, swatting at Remus' palm. Remus laughs a little despite the discomfort settling in his body.

"Uhm, guys?" It's Regulus, of course.

Remus and Sirius turn to face the boy, who's standing at the entrance to the library, eyes covered with his hands.

"We're dressed, you can look," Sirius grins. Remus goes red. "Why does your mind immediately go there?" He groans.

"It's happened before," Regulus answers, uncovering his face.

"Too many times," Sirius adds gravely.

"Once was too many," Regulus shudders, looking fairly traumatized. Remus shakes his head.

"Spare me the details," Remus mutters.

"Aw, he's jealous," Regulus grins.

"I—" Remus swallows his defence as he absorbs the equally mischievous grins on the two brothers' faces. "Yeah, so jealous," he huffs.

"Come on," Regulus grabs his hand and starts tugging him towards the door. "Severus texted, he's coming over for lunch. And he's bringing the final draft of that article of his."

"I'm going to be famous!" Sirius grins. Remus smacks himself in the face. Regulus sighs, rubbing Remus' shoulder. "Remind me to find a therapist for him," he mutters as they walk out of the library.

"You know," Sirius says from behind, "in all seriousness—"

Remus notices Regulus flinch. And Remus can't blame him. He wonders how many times the poor boy had to power through Sirius puns.

Sirius continues, unfazed. "—which I am, all the time, becuase... You know, I'm Sirius... Anyway, I think we really should get me a therapist."

Regulus stops so suddenly that Remus almost crashes into him. He spins around and moves Remus away to look at his brother. "You do?"

Sirius shrugs. "Makes sense, doesn't it? I've been looking into some,"

"Why didn't you tell me?" Regulus frowns. Sirius looks surprised, as if the thought never even crossed his mind. "Did you know?" Regulus asks Remus.

"No, he didn't," Sirius answers. "I didn't really... I mean, James knows. He helped me look."

Of course.

"So you've already found one," Regulus says.

Remus watches on, not sure what to think.

"Look, Reg," Sirius moves past Remus to grab his brother by the shoulders. "I was going to tell you, okay? It just slipped my mind."