2-Growth

Miranda stood quietly in the corner of the room. A soft smile etched on her round face, which is framed by long black hair. Her hair is currently pulled into a bun in the back of her head.

She watched the display of the kind-hearted maid and the small princess reading together. The brown-haired woman telling the youth about her father. Miranda focused her attention solely on the expression of the infant in anticipation.

'I remember this, the scene was cut off to her crib.'

She thought cheerfully, her smile twisting into a grin seeing the shocked expression of the princess.

"And you will one day become our queen."

Miranda gleefully chimed in making her presence apparent. Lily perked up finally noticing her. While Athy gave the maid an accusing look. Causing said person to lightly giggle raising her hands in defense.

"I know I am late but at least you have Lily, who might I say is the second-best maid here. That is only after me."

Lily gleamed at the complement standing up with Athanasia in her arms.

'You two are the only maids that work properly, and don't steal.'

Athanasia thought to herself as Lily handed her over to Miranda.

The black-haired young woman held the baby close to her chest, softly cuddling her in her hold.
She glanced at the princess who is lost in thought, probably thinking about the original story.

So out of pure rashness, she made a promise she knew would come true one day.

"His highness, the Emperor will adore you one day."

Athanasia inwardly clicked her tongue.

'If only you knew.'

Miranda continued to cuddle the baby as Lily was preparing a toy for the princess. Prompting Athanasia's drowsiness soon after she drifted off to sleep with one thing in mind as she tries to forget about Lilian's horrible future holding back tears in the hope to not cause her maids any distress.

'If the princess had a maid like this why was she never mentioned in the book, wouldn't she try to protect the princess, like Lily, or at least stop said maid from certain doom?"

"Oh, my."

Miranda muttered noticing the sleeping infant.

••••×••••

Miranda hid behind a wall watching Athanasia plead with the maids for chocolate. Her face slowly shadowing over as both maids caved in at the sight of Athanasia's big doe eyes. falling into the young girl's schemes for candy. The chocolates being handed to her by the second maid with no regret.

'Why was she carrying that around, was she planning on this encounter?'

Miranda speculated eyes narrowing as she approached the maids standing right behind them before Athy could leave. Causing the blonde-haired child to look at her in fear.

"I gave you candy earlier if you eat that you will not have dessert."

She declared causing the two maidens in front of her to jump in fear slowly looking back. Athanasia lowered her head then hid the chocolates behind her back dejectedly.

She looked back up with a pout on her face and her big blue eyes watering affecting both of the women in front of her.

"Athy is sorry Athy just wants chocolate."

The older woman breathes in and out trying to get over the princess charm.

"Then 'Athy' will be without dessert tonight, and it will be my special made
Chocolate. Fudge. cake."

Even as a maid she was allowed to enter the kitchen and cook because of her skills. Athanasia favorite dessert just happens to be what she was making tonight.

The smaller child face paled immediately handing the chocolate back to the maid who took it back understandingly.

She then ran off not striving to be caught up in any more of the young Maid's wrath.

Miranda grinned at the sight of the leaving youth who grew to the tender age of five.

The maids slowly started to sneaking off noticing their boss's attention was currently off on the princess. Miranda kept a smile on her face as she watched Athanasia retreating figure. Two cold words leaving her mouth directed towards the maids. Her voice contrasting with her soft smile.

"Stay there."

As for Athanasia even though she enjoyed how time flowed by so quickly. She was still grieving over the loss of the chocolates that were so close to becoming hers. But it was all worth it in the long run soon her favorite cake will be in her grasp once again.

"She became more strict once she got that title."

Athanasia muttered remembering when Lily and Miranda both became the head maid on an equal platform when Miranda was arguing with the head maid. She threatened to approach Emperor about the 'magically' disappearing gold. He may not care about anything but when it comes down to his maids stealing from him he wouldn't just stand by quietly. No respectable ruler would allow someone to steal from them.

When Marinda finished scolding the maids she froze in realization.

"She finds that place today."

She muttered to herself with a slight smile on her face at the idea of Athy soon-to-be encounter with the Emperor.

Even though she got what she wanted being the head maid. She likewise wished to watch the 'who made me a princess' plot unravel up close. She definitely yearned to see Claude up close.