12- "I Want It Painted"

A/N-This chapter is fairly short and should have been part of the last chapter but this chapter will be showing some romance and slight fluff between our two main leads ❤️

When Claude arrived in the room he sent Lucas and Adin off. Shortly after Athy was put to sleep. Miranda was yet to be seen, off doing more important things Claude busied her with. Work was probably one of the things that brought her the most peace, and Claude knew that, he didn't understand it but he knew it. She, herself never really understood it either. Work is one of the only things that could settle her thoughts of her death and the PSD she got from it. Not to mention the thoughts of the family she has left behind, and how they feel about her death. Adin's appearance did help those raving thoughts as well. Knowing that someone she used to grow up with is still with her in a strange world helped a lot. Then there was Claude he made her pulse race as well as calmed it. His very existence gave her some type of drive she couldn't quite put her finger on.

How she lived so long while messing around and joking with Claude. That is a mystery even to her, she does need to bless Felix and Lily's poor hearts for nearly stopping multiple times because she played too freely with Claude. In a way that would usually get someone killed.

Athy also is someone she adored and treasured someone she grew to place closely in her heart as if she was her child. Well, that is only a given since she watched Athanasia grow, she can bet on anything that Lilian feels the same.

Miranda watched Claude have a mental breakdown beside Felix. Claude sat on the bed beside his sleeping daughter. She watched as he remembered his dead wife and watched as he recalled nearly killing Athy's pet. Felix's glanced at her but she stayed unmoving waiting for dismissal from Claude himself. Felix's lips parted ready to say something but stopped glancing between her and the blonde-haired emperor. The red-haired male let out a huff before leaving.

Miranda stood in spot as the skies darkened. Her eyes were downcasted but she still somehow caught the grievance and Claud's expression from the corner of her eye. He was grieving over the fact that he held Athanasia close he couldn't bear to leave her. He grieved over the fact he's dead wife was still affecting him. It was too much for the man who ceiled his emotions off. Claude's hand clenched his hair in frustration unable to understand anything.

Miranda finally moved it caused her knees to slightly buckle but she continued to walk. She let Knees bend in front of Claude, her hand gently touching his that was clenched in his hair.

'What am I doing?'

She didn't get how she was letting her feelings control her. Feelings she ceiled off in her last life were coming back. She has been through betrayal and killed by someone close to her. She made sure to stay couscous to not truly love. To only live freely because she knew when she started to care she have the chance of getting hurt.

Who was she kidding?

She grew too close to Athy, Felix, and Lilian it was only a matter of time until she truly fell for Claude. But should it hurt seeing a man she loved cry over his dead wife? Miranda knew she was being stupid, and cruel for thinking that way. Why does it hurt? Why couldn't she control her feelings as well as she use to? This all was supposed to be something like a game. Yet she was pouring her heart into a love that was bound to end badly. Was this how Adin felt?

She unclasped Claude's hand from his hair ever so gently. The male eyes parted a let his hand fall. Miranda's face calmed his thoughts. She was an outlet, someone he could live freely with. It was hard to explain but she calmed something in his chest. It allowed him to forget about 'that dreadful witch' It allowed him to breathe. He didn't quite get it but Miranda's appearance gave him room to think recklessly and not care about anything.

'What is this?'

Claude didn't get it but he was suddenly leaning forward and Miranda's hands cupped his cheek.

'I have lost it, haven't I?'

Claude's eyes were trained on her lips as her's was on his eyes. Soon their eyes met.

'Oh.'

Miranda's eyes held something Claude couldn't quite read. But she did look tired too tired to think of anything to tired to care for her actions and too tired to back away.

'Stop me.'

Miranda's mind crazed as her thoughts slowly began to fade and the next thing she knew something warm fused with her lips and a sensation filled her chest. A sensation she never felt before. Her heart wasn't racing and her face wasn't burning. This wasn't at all the feeling she got from her former crushes. It was different. Her lips moved against his before they parted. She finally understood despite the kiss being a mere second she still felt his lips on her as their eyes locked.

'Ah, I get it.'

A smile graced her lips the most sincere smile she had ever given.

'I have finally lost it.'

Well, you can't lose what you never had... Claude's eyes were drawn to her smile and his chest suddenly felt at ease. Something about her smile was peaceful.

He wanted it painted.