CHAPTER TWELVE

"You're telling me someone's going around eating peoples pineal glands and we had no idea?" Venus scoffs as she takes a right on the street they were on. Isaac was currently filling her in on everything that had gone down last night with the Ghost Rider they captured. As usual, Theo had been little to no help, Parrish had run off to God knows where, and the Ghost Riders whip was missing.

"That's what Mason told us." Isaac shrugs, "What I don't get, is how you didn't know about it."

Venus remains quiet after that, unsure herself of the answer. It only takes a few short minutes for hen to finally reach the police station, where Scott had asked them to meet him that morning. Walking in, they notice the boy pacing across the main room with Malia, Lydia, Liam and Peter present as well.

"We're gonna bite him." he reveals, coming to a halt in front of Venus.

Her eyes instantly widen. "I'm sorry, what? Are we talking about Stiles?" he nods. "You want to bite Stiles?"

Her mind had already started spinning over the boy, her heart slightly aching at the thought of him turning.

"To get him through the rift." Scott explains with a sigh, making his way towards one of the deputy desks. "It's the only way."

Peter raises his hand like a child from the corner he was stood in by the window. "Just to clarify, are you planning on biting everyone in the train station?"

"With Stiles back, he'll be able to help us figure out a plan."

"He's good at that." Malia adds.

Isaac though, lets out a scoff. "Our plan is to get Stiles to come up with a plan? This'll never work."

"I agree with your boyfriend, kid." Peter points a finger at the betas face, causing him to roll his eyes at the label as the man turns to look at his daughter.

Malia huffs turning away from the former alpha. "You can shut up now."

"Malia, look around. We're the only ones left in Beacon Hills." he spreads his arms out to signify the emptiness. "If they take us, Lydia will be the only one left to haunt the place."

Scott finally looks up from the desk. "That's why I'm the only person that's going in. Liam and Hayden will stay here with Mason. As long as somebody is left in Beacon Hills, the Wild Hunt can't move on."

"I like your plan Scott. I really do, especially the part about turning Stiles. But it can't work."

"How do you know?"

"Logic. Life experience. What are the odds he'll get taken?" Peter points to Scott. "What if Stiles isn't there? What if there's no Beacon Hills for you to come back to?"

"How do we even know Stiles wants to be turned?" Venus intervenes, raising her eyebrows at her friends. "What if his body rejects the bite? There's so many other factors we're not taking into account here."

Liam raises his eyebrows at the three defiant supernaturals. "Any of you got a better idea?"

"Yeah, I do." Peter states. "It's called, 'run like hell'. So, leave in five?"

Isaac and Venus simultaneously roll their eyes at the man who was more often than not too cowardly to face anything that comes to this town. He'd left them in the dirt too many times already for them to care anymore, which is probably why no one bothered to notice he'd been taken in the first place.  

Malia however, steps closer to her father. "You promised you'd help us. We still need to find the rift."

"I didn't promise I'd help you commit suicide." he retorts.