CHAPTER TWENTY

The drive home was silent, a little too silent for Venus' liking without the sarcastic boy by her side. She had pulled up to a motel for the night, deciding to try to get a few hours of sleep before finishing her journey back to Beacon Hills. The girl had managed to find a place to grab some dinner before heading back to her motel room, taking a shower and snuggling up in bed.

She had called both her dad and Stiles upon her arrival, ensuring them that she was stopping for the night and that she was okay. Stiles had made the not so smart remark of comparing where she was staying to the Glen Capri, where they had stayed last year and almost died.

That was why it was greatly disconcerting when her sleep was yet again disrupted by a deathly feeling. A sharp pain shoots through her entire body, her limbs failing her as she tried to lift herself up. Her breaths were leaving her body in aggressive wheezes as she tries to reach for her phone.

Her body falls roughly off the bed and onto the ground, her eyes closing to try and ward off the pain. Quiet whimpers escape her lips as she takes a deep breath, the torment finally subsiding. She lifts her arm to her nightstand, taking hold of her phone and quickly dialing Isaacs number.

"Hey, Vivi." he answers the phone cheerily. "When are you getting back? It's real quiet without you and Lina."

"Isaac." her voice comes out in a quiet cry, immediately worrying the boy. 

"Venus, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Something's happening."

His eyebrows furrow on the other end of the line, the shuffling clearly going through her speaker as he lifts himself from his bed and into Alexs room.

"Venus, what do you mean something's happening? Where are you?" He asks in a panic, Alex straightening at the snippet of the conversation he had just heard.

The girl takes a deep breath, wiping beads of sweat off her upper lip. "I'm still at the motel. I don't know what's happening, I can't tell. It's definitely in Beacon Hills though."

"Vee, I want you home as soon as possible, okay?" her fathers voice coming through her phone slightly startled her for she didn't know he was apart of this conversation.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be home soon." she agrees before they hang up, the girl quickly packing up her things and taking a shower before checking out. She didn't see a point in staying for the rest of the night when she knew she wouldn't be able to get any sleep.

Of course something had come up and she couldn't just be sent off to university in peace.

•••

She had made it back to Beacon Hills by the next afternoon, her dad and Isaac waiting anxiously on their porch for her arrival. The two of them rush to the driveway as soon as she pulls up, pulling her into a tight group hug. When Isaac had picked up her call last night, they thought something had happened to her, but they later learned from Scott that something had actually happened in the woods.

"How are you feeling?" Alexander asks, leading his daughter into the house while Isaac grabbed her bag.

"Dad, I'm fine." Venus assures. "It was just one of those things I get, I'm okay, really. Did you figure out what happened though?"

Isaac shut the back door behind him as he walks in. "Scott and Liam found a bunch of dead wolves in the woods last night, that was probably what you felt."

"Well, do we know how they died?"

The werewolf shakes his head. "But it's not a big deal and it's probably nothing supernatural so it's not for you to worry about. What you should be doing is packing, you leave for Stanford tomorrow!"