CHAPTER FIFTEEN

BEFORE YOU READ: i kind of did a thing and i kind of really hurt myself, but i listened to wait by M83 while i proofread this and the song reached 4:10 right when they reunited, ended right after it and i sobbed. so if you wanna be hurt like that, i would recommend playing the song, enjoy the chapter!! <3

     She could feel her heart pulsing in her throat, the tears filling her eyes yet again as she watches the figure at the end of the tunnel. He didn't seem to be moving closer for a few seconds, until she reached out her hand, she could see him moving.

"Stiles, I can see you!" Venus calls out, her hand still outstretched ahead of her. "Keep going, Stiles. You're almost there, I can see you!"

But then the light fades, and with it, the figure. She swore she could hear her heart break in her chest as her shoulders deflate, her hopeful expression turning into a somber one.

She quickly swallows the lump in her throat before turning to her friends. "Where is he? It was working." Her friends don't respond, each of them giving a strange look of their own. "You had to have seen him. The light at the end of the tunnel, he was there."

"Vee..." Scott trails off, unsure of how to break it to her.

"We didn't see anyone." Malia replies softly, shaking her head.

"No, no. He was here, I know it. Stiles was here."

Isaac moves forward, gently taking hold of the girls arms and pulls her into his chest comfortingly. The five of them move back into the bunker, Isaac gently leading Venus in her stunned state. However, as Scott takes hold of the door to shut it behind them, a hand comes in his way.

"There's something you need to see." Liams voice echoes through the small room.

"You're still here." Scott let's out a relieved breath but the beta shakes his head at him.

"But everyone else is gone. All of them. They're all gone. Look, you just have to come with me."

"What is it?"

Liam stutters before pulling himself together. "I can't explain it. I have to show you."

"Okay." Scott turns back to the remaining four. "You guys stay here in case."

"In case Stiles comes back?" Malia questions.

"If there's any hope, you need to keep trying."

Isaac releases his hold on Venus. "I'm coming with you. If it's bad, you'll need the help."

Venus sends them both a reassuring nod, the two of them sparing her one last glance before they leave, the door locking behind them. The girl quickly wipes at her face with her hands, removing any sign of the tears that were there before and sitting herself back down at the table.

Why had it not worked? He was right there.

A couple minutes later, she heard the door swinging open, turning she finds Malia stood in the doorway, ready to leave.

"What are you doing?" the brunette asks.

"We're gonna go find Stiles."

Lydia shakes her head at the werecoyote. "Scott told us to stay in case he shows up here."

"Stiles isn't coming here." Malia replies with a shrug. "If he was, he would've. And he hasn't, so he's not." she turns to look at Venus. "You still think it worked, right?"

"I know it did." the girl answers firmly.

"And I don't think he's ever been here. So, what are we doing still standing here?"