CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Venus and Isaac push their way through the front door of their house, immediately met with both Alex and Alina pacing the living. The two of them look over at the sound of the opening door, a relieved breath leaving each of them as they pull the two teens into tight hugs.

Alex holds onto his daughter for a little longer. "I'm so sorry, Vee. I should've believed you. I was awful."

"Dad, no. It's okay." she shakes her head. "You were reacting how the Hunt wanted you to, I know that now."

"It's a shame the marriage wasn't legit, your dads a catch, kid." Alina jokes, a wide grin present on her features as she watches the father and daughter.

Isaac though, can't read the room, as he grabs the girls shoulders and pulls her away from her dad. "Quit hogging him, I want a dad hug too."

Alex lets out a hearty laugh, but pulls the boy tighter to him nonetheless. If there was one well known quality about the man, it was that he was definitely a hugger.

"You know, I'm just saying." Venus speaks cautiously, eyeing both her dad and Alina. "If the two of you did start going out, Isaac and I would totally support that."

Alinas cheeks turn almost as red as her hair at the suggestion, Alexander himself clearing his throat awkwardly at his daughter.

"Oh yeah, definitely." Isaac backs her up. "In fact, we encourage it! Please just go on a date."

Venus laughs at her brothers sorry attempt of convincing the adults to actually try going out.

"What our dear Isaac here is trying to say, is that you guys were 'married' for like three months. Wouldn't hurt to give it a shot."

The two adults stand in an awkward silence for a couple minutes before Alina claps her hands together, announcing that she would get started on dinner. Isaac offered to help, leaving the girl alone with her father.

"You know I'm serious, right?" She asks.

Alexander lets out a sigh. "Vee, I don't know."

"Dad, I wouldn't blame you if you started dating again. Whether it's Alina or someone else, and I doubt mom would either. We both just want you to be happy."

The man raises his eyebrows at her. "When did you get so articulate?"

"I don't know, I am pretty amazing though, aren't I?"

He rubs his knuckles against her head, messing up her hair slightly. "Tell you what, why don't you invite Noah and Stiles over for dinner? It'll be nice for all of us, don't you think?"

"Ah, the king of changing the topic returns!"

"Just go call your boyfriend." he laughs and pushes her away from him.

Venus gives him a mock salut, "Aye aye, captain."

•••

     Walking into school the next Monday felt almost unreal to Venus. During the past couple months, school had easily become the least of her priorities, her mind too occupied with Stiles for her to think of anything else. She makes her way to her locker, picking out the textbooks she needed for her morning classes. Her hand wraps around the edge of the metal and she slams it shut, only to be met with her boyfriends grinning face.

"Sweet Eurydice." she exclaims, putting a hand to her chest and resting her back against her locker. "I thought I told you to stop doing that!"

"And I though I told you I never would?" he mocks, his smile only growing at the sight of her.